586,069 active members*
3,714 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Enclosed Blowers

Hi alltogether,

We´re buying a lasercutter and the biggest difficulty is how to ventilate it. Located in an old building, which is protected by some heritage law, it is impossible to bring the air out, we need an enclosed blower.

Can somebody recommend a machine or has expirience with that kind of problem and found a smart solution?

Thanks for the help, greetings from Stockholm.

Bernhard

I saw in a hotel show and in an international fair a box containg all the smokes, the machine brand was TROTEC (austria) you can ask..
    Luis

Smile smoke extraction

Hi,
    I am a retired welder and would sugest that the best way would be to by a portabe fume extractor. These remove the fumes at the work area, fillter it and return the clean air back to the room.
    They come in all sizes depending on the amount of smoke ect. you want to remove.
    My advice would be to contact a local welding supplier who will be able to give you a list of what is available.(or look on ebay)
    hope this is of help.
    Holly

We used a thing called a "Smog Hog"

http://www.uasinc.com/

opps double post.

Purex Xbase

My local uls rep suggested a Purex brand Xbase filter. Very low cost filters.

Another option is to use a blower that ties into the existing plumbing vent system so no new openings are needed.

Take care,

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    My local uls rep suggested a Purex brand Xbase filter. Very low cost filters.

Another option is to use a blower that ties into the existing plumbing vent system so no new openings are needed.

Take care,

Chris
    Careful what you buy, depends dramatically on what you use it for. I use ULS M300's and bought the Purex400i as recommended by ULS and Purex. I cut (not engrave) 1/8" lexan panels. I took the 400i to it's knees in 12 hours of use. The prefilter was filled completely. At $150.00 a pop it's gotta last longer than a light week worth of cutting. I'm still working on a viable solution and so far am just out $4000.00.

Consider putting an el-cheapo $2 standard A/C filter from the local Borg store (Home Depot, Lowe's, etc.) in front of your more expensive one. The el-cheapo catches the major junk, the expensive one provides the fine filtering.
    Hi-TecDesigns.com -- Automotive Lighting Systems

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    Consider putting an el-cheapo $2 standard A/C filter from the local Borg store (Home Depot, Lowe's, etc.) in front of your more expensive one. The el-cheapo catches the major junk, the expensive one provides the fine filtering.
    If you're referring to a furnace filter, I tried that. I got the highest quality (captures the smallest particles) filter available and it was like it there was nothing there at all...