Mach3 v3.043.062 (licensed) Using the Window10 patched version
Smoothstepper
Gecko 540 on Port 1

CNC6040 router

Everything was setup and working for quite sometime. Steppers moved, homing & limits worked, probe worked, spindle worked... you get the idea.

Then one day I got lit up like a Christmas Tree from my arm to my shoulder while touching the enclosure and the spindle! Somehow I'd either never touched both at the same time or something was had come loose.

Got the grounding issue sorted out and I no longer have issues with that, thank goodness.

However, during the necessary change in configuration of the grounding, somehow the probe no longer works. Everything else does (as described above).

The probe setup was a simple loop through the Gecko via connector #4, which is Pin 13, and the other end went to the V(-) as according to the Gecko instructions. Worked fine. Touch off and the diagnostics LED would light up when touching the plate & clip together.

Haven't used the router in a month or so (life gets in the way). Yesterday, I discovered during a carving setup that the probe failed to light up the LED. I always check beforehand. Had an expensive bit get broken once and that was enough to engrain the need for pre-testing.

When I use the multi-tester to check the voltage from the Pin13 to the V(-), I get a steady 2.7 volts when not connected. When I touch them together, the voltage drops to zero. Hmmm... so I went through a few resistors to do the pull-up/pull-down thing but nothing worked.

(110 Ohms, 4.7K Ohms, 68K Ohms, etc.)

I also changed the end of the wire from V(-) to GND on the power supply. I'd read conflicting information but tried it anyway along with all the tricks above but still nothing.

I reinstalled Mach3. Nothing
Replaced the xml with a backup. Nothing
Rebooted the PC. Nothing

I have the Smoothstepper additional breakout board configure for Port 2 so I moved the wire directly from the Gecko to Port 2, Pin 15. Nothing.

I'm convinced that it has to be in something in the wiring not getting grounded properly. But I've spent the whole day testing this and that.

I checked the continuity on all wiring from end to end and there are no issues there, so I know it's not that.

Any ideas to try would be most welcomed!

Thanks in advance,
Steven