586,036 active members*
3,623 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Post Buying X1/X2/X3 from China

Hi, i am new here So first a little introduction.

I am 25 from the Netherlands, used to study to become a aircraft technician.
    So i have some experiance with a normal mill and limited with a cnc driven machine.
    Right now I am starting a small online business and for some prototyping and maybe some very small production I want to buy a small desktop mill. The material is copper and aluminium. Up to about 200x200mm (the Y axis is probably going to controll my choise)

I have been reading on this page for the last few days and read about the Sieg X1-X2-X3 mills in all types and brands. And they look like a good candidate. I don't really need 0.001mm tolerance. So anything that (even remotly) can do that type of tolerance is good for the job.

I do want a cnc machine since I love computers and hey, this is more a hobby then die-hard earning of cash. I have a dayjob, this is just for the nightjob.

I was looking around on the internet, including in China where I have a lot of contact with a machineshop that produce my products for me.
    The contact showed me a webpage. (I hope it is not illigal, with commercial views etc.)

I found this: http://www.xendoll.com/

X1 machine:
    Deleted the picture of the X1, since it would screw up the width of the forum.
    X2 machine:

X3 machine:

They are your typical mills i think. But fully converted to cnc already.
    Nema 23 motors, MT3 spindles and including all the things you need to start playing with it from the start. (software, controllbox, etc)

• X1: $1350
    • X1: $1680
    • X1: $2860

The question is, what do I need to look for?

• Nema 23, is that good enough (even for X3)?
    • The X2 apears to have some form of ballbearings, should I look for that?
    • I noticed the lack of change in the drive, I have seen multiple kits for that sort of thing.
    • The prices look ok, at least a lot better then from some companies that sell them online for $1500-2000 more. Good buy or not?

I dont see any prices on that site, nor do I see any x3

I see something that looks like an x3 but it says spindle power is 350W, isnt x3 suposed to be atleast 650W?

whoa i didnt realize that post was from 2007 lol