586,036 active members*
3,823 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Another JGRO Build Completed

First of all, thanks to everyone for the encouragement. Though it was general community sentiment, the "stick to it" attitude that everyone voices here is really helpful.

So, after 3 years (and a couple of months), I have finally completed my CNC. I had it writing with a marker last year, but I broke it down to paint before I did all of the wiring. This is a JGRO build straight from the plan. The only modification was the metal plate for the Y-bearing. I used a HobbyCNC motor /controller kit.

Last night, I ran the first, full up test with the rotary tool powered up and cutting a piece of MDF.

Here is a close up of the cuts. I took some 180 grit sandpaper over the MDF after the cut to defuzz it.

~Dantourin

Nice work dan, hope you get great use out of it, i use mine to do jigs or complex shapes that would otherwise be difficult or impossible to do manually.
    :cheers:

Quote Originally Posted by Dantourin View Post
    First of all, thanks to everyone for the encouragement. Though it was general community sentiment, the "stick to it" attitude that everyone voices here is really helpful.

So, after 3 years (and a couple of months), I have finally completed my CNC. I had it writing with a marker last year, but I broke it down to paint before I did all of the wiring. This is a JGRO build straight from the plan. The only modification was the metal plate for the Y-bearing. I used a HobbyCNC motor /controller kit.

Last night, I ran the first, full up test with the rotary tool powered up and cutting a piece of MDF.

Here is a close up of the cuts. I took some 180 grit sandpaper over the MDF after the cut to defuzz it.

~Dantourin

... three years ... talk about 'stick-to-it-edness' ... WoW!!!

Congrats ...

That looks great. It looks like you added some length to the original jgro plans.