586,058 active members*
3,967 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc OT-C Not Powering Up

When turning power on, all we get on the screen is "Slave Ready Wait (PMC)" and "Not Ready". No alarm lights on panel, and machine ready lamp is not lit. Also, I have no ability to get into parameters or diagnostics.

Looked in our book and the troubleshooting procedures which directed us to a possible bad cable from the distribution panel, or the distribution panel itself being bad. Spoke to Fanuc & Miyano as well. Fanuc said it could be the mother board, Miyano said it could be the PMC board or chips. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Used to have this error on a mori, had to turn it on and off several times before it started..(ON main switch). We did replace some card but fault remaind so we did put the old card bak and returend the new one. THe machine stardet to work proper with the old one after that. We still wounder ehat could have been wrong..

Maybe this simple?

My 0T-B on a Tsugami reports a similar error;

PMC Not Ready 617- ###-### or something like that.

I get this error if the E-Stop button is pushed in or one of the axis is past its end of travel limit and is resting on a limit switch.

John

What model Miyano?
    I have some of the PMC Eproms

Wish it was as simple as the E-stop button being depressed! I checked that, and the axes do not appear to be at limit. My book said to push and hold Machine End Release to override this if it were the case, but that still didn't work. Machine is a 1992 BND-34S.

Power supply problem?