586,069 active members*
3,425 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Okuma MB46 VAE fault code: 1701 Emergency stop

Unhappy Okuma MB46 VAE fault code: 1701 Emergency stop

Hello Everyone

My Okuma MV460VAE regularly come out with Fault 1701 even though E-Stop is not pressed. I found to get rid of the fault you must switch it off and power off for several days then next time you boot up you can reset the machine by pressing reset then the Code: 1701 Emergency Stop goes away( If you switch off and restart the fault is back).

Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated.

Do you have any ideas what this could be ?

Regards

Re: Okuma MB46 VAE fault code: 1701 Emergency stop

Quote Originally Posted by Turbocnc1 View Post
    Hello Everyone

My Okuma MV460VAE regularly come out with Fault 1701 even though E-Stop is not pressed. I found to get rid of the fault you must switch it off and power off for several days then next time you boot up you can reset the machine by pressing reset then the Code: 1701 Emergency Stop goes away( If you switch off and restart the fault is back).

Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated.

Do you have any ideas what this could be ?

Regards
    You can check the Emergency stop button wiring, could be short circuit.
    Or the the button is broken, need to be replaced with a new one.
    http://cncmakers.com/cnc/controllers/CNC_Controller_System/CNC_Retrofit_Package.html

Re: Okuma MB46 VAE fault code: 1701 Emergency stop

exactly.
    The best is to check against schematic diagram which is supplied with machinetool. Because there are many contacts in series with E-Stop. If a single contact fails, you get the E-Stop.