Setting up a new to me Hit 8s. Machine wasnt used for a while but everything seems to be in good working order. I did reload the parameters from the drive before using. Trying to set one turning tool (tool #1) to start with using the toolsetter. Following instructions in the manual and it seems to work (does enter data in the offsets) but the distance in X is off by 1.514" for the turning tool. Z offset is also way off but dont remember by how much. I tried to calibrate the tool eye probe as described in the manual by subtracting 1/2" of the difference between a measured part and the X display value to the X1022 parameter but it doesnt change anything related to the position display, just changes the offset numbers in the measurement tables. I do have the machine key switch set to EDIT COMM, and pretty sure Im doing the procedure correctly. Directly out of the HIt manual.

I also tried setting the tools using the tool offset/WCS calculator but that just generated different numbers in the control that werent seen in the position display in either Jog or MDI after a tool load command. Ive never seen a control that didnt display the offset position numbers when in any mode. Its like they cant be loaded for some reason.

Anyone know the trick to getting the offset correctly set? Or maybe the 840C cant display offsets unless called in a program?