Hey guys I plan on purchasing a Haas 3 axis mill for the garage and I’m stuck between a the TM0P and Mini Mill. I’ll be working mainly with aluminum making car parts and some stainless steel for making things like golf putter and car parts.

I know the TM0P is fairly new so I don’t see many reviews on that machine. I spoke with one of the sales reps from Haas and they suggested that I get the mini mill if I’ll be working with steel due to the structure and options being better for the Mini Mill? I’m not exactly sure what he meant by the structure being better, but I did notice there were more additional options for the Mini Mill than the TM0P.

Regarding the options for the TM0P I chose the options that people on the forums suggested but not too sure if it’s really recommended or more of a nice to have. If there is an option you guys think that I won’t need and could save some money please advise me so. Here are the following options:
- 10k rpm spindle
- 4th axis drive and wiring
- WIPS (Probe system)
- Chip Auger
- High Speed Machining
- Rigid Tapping

Air compressors I noticed there’s the classic piston compressor and rotary compressor. Can you guys give me some recommendation on which compressor is the best bang for the buck. I’m not too sure what size gallon I should get and a rotary would be nice due to its low decibel noise but I prefer to save some money if possible ????
I look forward to the discussions and appreciate any feedback. Cheers.