Hello;
I bought a Compumill 4000 knee mill from Ebay in January. It ran great until now. I do not know alot about electronics, but if I have to put a lot of $$$$ in circuit boards I will update the electronics. I have been reading some posts from zoners who are doing this, I do not fully understand what components are needed and the cost. If some conversion veterans could tell me thier opinions on what components to use I would be greatful. I will give you a rundown of what I know about the mill. It is a Compumill 4000 1986 model cold by Compumachine Inc. in Danvers Mass. It has a 5HP variable speed NMTB 40 spindle, travels are X=30" Y=17" Z=6" on the quill and about 14" on the power knee(not cnc just push button) It has Baldor UM3015 servo drive and Baldor 500oz/in servos, flood coolant, and power drawbar. This thing is huge standing nearly 9 feet high, the spindle is very quiet and smooth, I did a complete disassembly/cleaning so I know the turcite ways are in great shape, so I think it is well worth keeping. I live in central Ohio if some people would want to take part in a couple of weekend thrashes I will provide plenty of food and beer. Or just advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Joe