586,113 active members*
3,235 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > Best place to buy encoders internationally?

Best place to buy encoders internationally?

Hi,
    I'm hunting around for encoders to go on my Electrocraft E543 motors which have a 9.525mm (.375") shaft mount on the motor. At this stage the cheapest encoders I have found to fit are U.S. Digtal but they charge excessively to freight to Australia.

The parts I need are:

E2-1024J-375-GH-default packaging
    CA-434-1FT connector at one end with 4 1/2" wires.
    Ctool-375 Centering tool.

Can anyone suggest a supplier who handles US Digital and has reasonable freight rates, or an alternative encoder supplier who would be competitively priced?

Cheers
    Splint

How many do you need?

I'm on a project at the moment in Portland Oregon, right across the river from US Digital in Vancouver, Washington. I use their product all the time, and if we're talking about small quantities, I'd be willing to trans-ship some to you.

Don't know how much you'd really save, though. You can look on the US Post Offices' website (USPS.gov) to get an idea or international parcel post surface rates to Australia, but as I recall from some past business we had with clients in Sydney, fast is not the operative word.

You can get in touch with me at Sswitaj at laika dot com.

We ship our drives all over the world and we charge to the penny what it costs us in shipping. Here are the numbers for Australia (1 lb or 0.5 kg):

1) US Postal Service is $9. The shipping is untrackable and takes 10 to 14 days. Things have disappeared for months in Australian Customs.

2) US post office Global Express is $30. The shipping is trackable and takes 5 to 7 days. May get hung up in Australian Customs.

3) UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc. is $70 or more. Shipping is trackable and takes 2 to 3 days. Nothing has ever disappeared in Australian Customs.

Mariss