586,070 active members*
3,442 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Daewoo/Doosan > Dmv4020 magazine synch problems

Dmv4020 magazine synch problems

I have a Doosan DMV4020, and it has sat for the last year or so without running. When we fired it back up, the magazine motor was shorted to ground, so it was changed. Now when trying to run it, the dog on the motor will make the pot counter prox, but the motor will overshoot the prox, causing a "Mag Synchro error" The error will clear if i run the motor backward by hand a half turn to get the prox to make, but it will over-run every time the magazine turns either direction, in either auto or manual. Has anyone had a problem similar to this? Any help would be appreciated greatly.

Re: Dmv4020 magazine synch problems

Quote Originally Posted by T-Stew View Post
    I have a Doosan DMV4020, and it has sat for the last year or so without running. When we fired it back up, the magazine motor was shorted to ground, so it was changed. Now when trying to run it, the dog on the motor will make the pot counter prox, but the motor will overshoot the prox, causing a "Mag Synchro error" The error will clear if i run the motor backward by hand a half turn to get the prox to make, but it will over-run every time the magazine turns either direction, in either auto or manual. Has anyone had a problem similar to this? Any help would be appreciated greatly.
    It could be the sensor or proximity switch problem.
    If not, then there could be some mechanical problem, which cause the tool changer can not stop in the right position.
    http://cncmakers.com/cnc/controllers/CNC_Controller_System/CNC_Retrofit_Package.html

...sounds like when the motor was replaced the gearing was not correctly reassembled....There would be some Timing marks possibly some where on the gears/belts maybe. Check your maintenance manuals for more information about the Tool Changer would be a good place to look.

There is a Procedure for bringing it to Pot one and then the motor has to be calibrated -----Make sure the motor is the same one and is working correctly