586,055 active members*
4,427 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 3 of 3 123
    well, my machine runs but i dont get a chance to use it and learn

i travel for my real job and home only on the weekends. I've been putting an addition on my house and trying to do as much work as possible myself.
    i just dont get into my shop to mess around with the machine..
    when i try and use my we-cim i seem to forget everything i learned in august.
    I hope to get into the shop some this summer, we'll see how that works

I check out this forum for post so i can scrape info up but not many post lately
    is everyone making to much money with their machines they dont post anymore??
    maybe i should be quitting my real job..

i would like to show you all but i'm still trying to figure out how to post pics.

pics of progress

i'm hopeing to finish at the end of june.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pic1.jpg   pic2.jpg   pic 3.jpg   pic4.jpg  

Looks really good keep up the good work.

I am really busy these days. I have run my torch some every day for the last 2 weeks 4 full 8 hour days cutting 1" grade 50 steel & the remainder on 3/8" & 1/2" A 36 mild steel.

Don't kid yourself about making a living with these tables. It's entirely possible if you have a good way to handle the sheets across them quickly.

I built mine with only the intentions of cutting materials I was buying pre cut. 5 months after putting it to work & a few people finding out about it. More additional work is finding, me without advertising it, than I ever imagined.

Still have (8) 4' X 12' sheets of the 1" to process + (10) 3/8" X 4 X 8 & (5) 1/2" X 4 X 8.

Right now I'm on the learning curve of how much oxygen & acetylene to get off the truck each (2) week cycle.
    If it works.....Don't fix it!

Quote Originally Posted by cstroke View Post
    well, my machine runs but i dont get a chance to use it and learn

i travel for my real job and home only on the weekends. I've been putting an addition on my house and trying to do as much work as possible myself.
    i just dont get into my shop to mess around with the machine..
    when i try and use my we-cim i seem to forget everything i learned in august.
    I hope to get into the shop some this summer, we'll see how that works

I check out this forum for post so i can scrape info up but not many post lately
    is everyone making to much money with their machines they dont post anymore??
    maybe i should be quitting my real job..
    I know how you feel,im in the same position, away for 2 months, then home for 1 month.... but this is the reason i bought it in the first place, i hope to eventually be able to stay home and earn a living with it. Everything takes time, but i think eventually it will take off, the way i see it is the cost is the same as buying a boat, camper, stuff like that just depreciates in value were as the plasma table will make money, even if it takes awhile to get going at it.
    EDD

calling all dt users.

:wave::wave:Happy new year everyone what are you guys up to? Looks dead on the forum,that should mean everyone is busy. Thats good but whats up? I can't stop cutting.

All the best to you too. Been making up things for spring and learning more corel as i go, working on a web site and planning some advertising in the near furture. By the way if anyone out there has some advice on do's and dont's for a web site i'd appreciate it.

Take care all
    EDD

Page 3 of 3 123