586,108 active members*
3,059 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Haas lube pressure?

The oiling system for the ways , what kind of pressure should it be at ?. Mine shows around 4 lbs, does that sound right?

Thanks

When you pump the oiler manually it should go up to about 20 I think and then slowly drop down to zero; slowly being around 10 to 30 minutes.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Hi geof,the oil pressure does go up to 20 when I pump it manually. I dont think it holds it for 30 mins probally more like 15-20.

When the machine is running shouldn't there be pressure in the system?

I just looked at it and it shows zero lbs on the guage while the spindle is running.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UBRacing View Post
    Hi geof,the oil pressure does go up to 20 when I pump it manually. I dont think it holds it for 30 mins probally more like 15-20.

When the machine is running shouldn't there be pressure in the system?

I just looked at it and it shows zero lbs on the guage while the spindle is running.

Thanks
    Pressure is not in the system constantly.

About every 30 minutes the controller pulses the air pump and thens looks for a signal from the pressure sensor. If it does not get a signal it gives the low lube level or low lube pressure alarm.

If your pressure drops over 15 to 20 min that should be fine. The Haas tech told me if it drops in less than 10 minutes it could be a punctured lube line; if it stayed up beyond 30 minutes it could be some of the lube ports are blocked.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Pressur for HAAS way lube system is 30-40 psi and should drop to zero in 8 to 10 min. If want to check amount per cycle that is aprox. 3 cc per cycle(pump). If you get 121 low lube/pressure check your sensor in DGNOS to see if low press bit changes. Also that you are getting voltage to your pump. If no then cable or I/O. If yes pump is bad.