Hello all,

I’ve been browsing this forum for a while and have been extremely impressed by the quality of the posts, knowledge and friendliness.

Cards on the table: I’m a total novice, no experience of cnc machines, woodworking, stone or metalwork so I’m fully in at the deep end, but that’s how I like it.

I’m in the process of restoring a chateau in France which has had its interior totally stripped out, so I need to fabricate wooden panelling, ceiling roses, cornices, doors, window furniture, window rails, fireplaces, faux stone columns, etc etc.

I’m a private individual with some design skill and software knowledge (programmer by trade) and from what I’ve been reading a CNC machine would really be a major asset and general money saver in the long run.

I think I need a 1325 size because the doors are around that size and it’s the probably the biggest I can actually get through the doors of the chateau.

Not sure if I need a true 4 axis machine or just a 3 axis with rotary device. Of course I’ve been looking at the Chinese machines due to the insane pricing of European models.

I’d appreciate any advice you can give me and thanks for reading!

Cheers Paul