587,495 active members*
3,065 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Having problems with my new Scroll air Compressor

Hybrid View

Re: Having problems with my new Scroll air Compressor

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Could be the inrush when the contactor closes it's too much for the Fan motor, what is the amp rating voltage of the fan.
    220V
    60Hz
    0.49A
    160W
    1450R/Min

The challenging thing is thats it's working fine today.... so it's hard to diagnose a piece of equipment when its currently working.

I bounced my issue by the company that I purchased my solid state phase converter from and he suggested a 3-phase 240v > 228v buck boost transformer of at least 15kVA.

So I ordered one up and we will see if that fixes the issue.

I've been running the air compressor all day today with my CNC and so far it's only alarmed 1 time. ( however it hasn't needed to run the fan motor yet because it cools down quick enough in between cycles )

I do have to say that I am very, very happy with the nice quiet operation.... It's a joy to work next to the CNC now without that loud compressor clanking away.

I will keep you posted once I install that transformer.

Take Care...

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by kentdesautel13 View Post
    I bounced my issue by the company that I purchased my solid state phase converter from and he suggested a 3-phase 240v > 228v buck boost transformer of at least 15kVA.

So I ordered one up and we will see if that fixes the issue.

I've been running the air compressor all day today with my CNC and so far it's only alarmed 1 time. ( however it hasn't needed to run the fan motor yet because it cools down quick enough in between cycles )

I do have to say that I am very, very happy with the nice quiet operation.... It's a joy to work next to the CNC now without that loud compressor clanking away.

I will keep you posted once I install that transformer.

Take Care...

Kent
    The transformer will lower the voltage, which should help, but may not solve the problem.
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by kentdesautel13 View Post
    220V
    60Hz
    0.49A
    160W
    1450R/Min

The challenging thing is thats it's working fine today.... so it's hard to diagnose a piece of equipment when its currently working.
    Such a small motor like this should not be turned on / off with a contactor, they should be using a solid-state relay, so this is where the problem is, not with your power supply.
    Mactec54