586,096 active members*
3,689 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking > WoodWorking Topics > First Identifiable cut

First Identifiable cut

I used imagetogcode to produce the code for the sample image provided with the download.

I think it looks ok but definately has some details that need to be worked out. maybe next time ill use poplar instead of red oak...

any advice or direction would be appreciated...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1st cut.jpg   ist cuta.jpg  

Hey JohnM99 I used to live in Ruston, went to School at La Tech. Live in Chicago now. Small world.

I've been messing around with this picture idea for a while myself. I have gotten the best results so far in Mahagony. Used a program called Profilor 6. Found it somwhere on this site, not sure where now.

Quote Originally Posted by becikeja View Post
    Hey JohnM99 I used to live in Ruston, went to School at La Tech. Live in Chicago now. Small world.

I've been messing around with this picture idea for a while myself. I have gotten the best results so far in Mahagony. Used a program called Profilor 6. Found it somwhere on this site, not sure where now.

Mahogany is not the cheapest scrap laying around the shop... ill try to find some and see what comes of it..

How long has it been since you left Ruston?

You're right, but it has a nice tight grain, and seems to take the detail better. Like I said, I am still messing around with it. I don't have it figured out yet, I'm more of a weekend warrior and can't spend the time to dig in like I would like. Now that winter is on the way (lasts forever up here) I'll have more time to dig in.

Left Ruston back in 87' , my wife was from there & my in-laws live in West Monroe now, so we get back at least once a year. Have to always go to the Sundown for a good sandwich when I get to town.