I thought I had already posted a thread but I guess not or maybe it was removed for some reason? Anyhow I have a Omnibeam laser machine that uses Teknic servo drives and motors. The Power supply unit for the server drivers was built by coherent and consisted of transforms, rectifiers and some caps. One of the transformers had a short and is damaged and I have not been able to find any replacement units. About the only specs I can find are that they are 240v pri and are wired up with two input and two output wires. The input is 3 phase and output seems to have been 50vac. The size and weight leads me to believe the transformers are around 200va units and there are 3 of them. If my thinking is correct a watt is a watt right? So if there are 600va total in transformers with losses the most this unit could provide would be just shy of 500 watts correct? This is confusing as this machine has 4 of these teknic motors and drives and they are rated at 9.5amp cont. and 9.5x70vdc is 665 watts which is already greater than the whole bank of transformers could even provide. Anyhow long story short, i want to remove this coherent made power unit and replace it with two 420 watt 3 phase Linmot power supplies that are designed for servo drives. If my thinking it right having 840 watts of total output would be sufficient for this system if before it only had about half that. What am I missing or is this somewhat accurate? Below is the power unit in the machine.

Servo and drives are Teknic M-3421C-LN-20DG Servo motors with Teknic Eclipse SST-E545-RCX-4-2-D Servo Drives.

Any help with this would be fantastic. I

Thanks
Mike