Quote Originally Posted by fastbike View Post
I hooked these switches up on the test bench to the EdingCNC UIO-10 accessory board to check how the switching works with the software.

<snip> the input for stepping 0.001mm per pulse is actually mapped to 0.01mm. Eding are looking into this and I expect a new version of the firmware will be forth coming.
<snip>
Eding have investigated and it appears that the display on the PC is not updating, a new version of the software will remedy that.

I've been doing more wiring while awaiting some XLR 6 pin sockets to arrive - they are the connectors for the encoder (feedback) from the closed loop steppers. The shipping date keeps on slipping into the future, now showing 7 April. Hopefully not too far away.

I have done insulation and continuity checks on the 400V part of circuit, I really do not want to see that part generate any smoke

I've also prototyped the control panel from some 5mm MDF, which I'll just attached with some tape. This will allow me to get the machine running before splashing out on a professionally produced anodised/laser etched alloy panel.