After seemingly figuring out m3x1.5 rigid tapping (just needed to put a drop of oil in each hole before) I'm somewhat struggling with drilling the 0.098" holes 0.5" deep in 6061. I broke two bits today, 6 holes apart, after doing about 60 on one bit. I've been running ~9700 rpm, 250 sfm, 0.0019 ipr with a ~0.030" spot drill. Both are 118*. I think my problems today were because the chamfer after the spot was too large (per the customer), so I lowered it from 0.040 deep. The bit is breaking in the hole, but I've been unable to retrieve the broken bit to see how far it is getting. The spot depth was all I changed recently.

Using F360 and a 99 Fadal 4020

I've been pecking with the following:
0.1" peck depth
0.05" min peck depth
0.25" accumulated peck depth
0.004" Chip Break Distance
and a 0.25" dwell

I ordered some carbide drills because why not. Based on my research I'll be getting rid of the pre drill, keeping the SFM at 250 (due to the rpm limits of my machine), increasing the IPR to 0.003, and maybe pecking halfway to clear chips and get coolant back in? That would give a feedrate of almost 29.

I'm not worried about cycle time, I just need to get through 2500 drilled and tapped holes with minimal tool breakage.

Any help/guidance for (small?) HSS or Carbide drills would be much appreciated. I have a few HSS bits left that I'd like to continue making parts until the carbide bits arrive.