586,116 active members*
3,458 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Plasma table kits

I am new at the plasma table game but I have been using Waterjets for years. I am looking for a reasonably priced kit(motors,guides,software,ect). Or maybe someones used 4X4 table. I am open to ALL input and I am looking to spend ~4k. My primary use will be performance brackets/tabs for the automotive industry and some metal art projects. Material will be .375 steel or thinner. I already have a Lincoln Procut 55 with a hand torch.

Thanks

www.candcnc.com, talk to Tom. He can get you up and running with everything you need.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"
    -RedGreen show.

Wow I dont think you'll come close for 4 grand....maybe 8 grand. Before you want to make link brackets, trusses, shock brackets and cage brackets in house look into getting them lasered. I know alot of guys who bought CNC plasma tables thinking they can make 4 dollar brackets and 100 dollar trusses for the 4wd market and make a mint....most are doing artwork for gardens on their cncs now.

Lasers can really pump that stuff out quick and a plasma cant make a decent 1/2" hole in a 1/4" thick steel part. You need to pierce it and then drill adding expense to parts like beadlock rings...ect. You just may get by cheaper using a laser than buying a plasma table. You just cant buy a table and a plasma and expect to make parts all day. You need to vent that poisonous plasma dust as well. Sorry I didnt mean to burst your bubble but I was calling it as I have seen it.

No problem! Like i said I want to hear it all. I am not planning on using it for production of large quantities of parts like you suggested. Id like to have it to make and test prototypes therefor I need to keep the cost down. You are correct on the lasers speed and accuracy. I have one at the shop I work at during the week and they would be doing any production runs that I may have.

Ill check out the above link.

Thanks