586,103 active members*
3,404 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Fanuc 0i

Fanuc 0i

Dear Experts

In a VMC, by mistake operator called wrong program and as a result, spindle tool collided badly with component and fixture
    Request to revert if there is any way to prevent this so that such accidents can be avoided even if operator calls wrong program

Regards

Re: Fanuc 0i

The only way I know to prevent a crash like this is to run an ''air cut''. In other words, run one cycle with no part in the fixture, and turn the feed and rapid over ride down to minimum. Run the cycle with one hand on the E-stop button. I always do this with program change or a new part.
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dawson View Post
    The only way I know to prevent a crash like this is to run an ''air cut''. In other words, run one cycle with no part in the fixture, and turn the feed and rapid over ride down to minimum. Run the cycle with one hand on the E-stop button. I always do this with program change or a new part.
    Thanks Jim for quick response
    Normally we train operator, to keep both feedrate switches at 0%, check distance to go on screen, correct offset in case distance to go sounds alarming else to slowly release feed

Incidents like this are becoming more of a concern for industry. I have seen several companies both large and small adopt custom software where a Op. sheet is scanned by the operator at every part and the program is loaded then selected automatically.

I have mixed feeling on this and how its being viewed / dealt with throughout many areas. But I fear it may be the future.