All the comments here are golden and pretty much spot on. I would recommend going to work as a helper at an organized machine shop. I do not mean union organized, but a machine shop that is safe. Most machine shops when busy are usually chaotic when first walking into them. With your education, this may work against you, but talk to the owners or hiring supervisors/managers. You will learn a lot just from emptying chip bins and keeping a shop floor swept. You will move up to learning how to debut parts. This is a way under talked about knowledge in any fabrication trade. At some point you will be taught set up and breakdown. You survive up to this point and chances are likely you will be sent to a beginner machining technology class or maybe an apprenticeship. At which point you still just keep your eyes and ears open. Ask questions, but never say how to do something, unless you are asked for your opinion. Eventually you will be called upon to run a program. My experience has almost always been when someone is out sick and or not at work. Anyways, usually, it’s not by design, but dumb luck is thrown into the lions den of running a program. It’s most time an oh chit moment for the shop and then heads look downhill. Guess what? You are at the bottom of that hill. Time to shine, but stay humble.