586,075 active members*
4,360 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > ATC Spindle rebuild help
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: ATC Spindle rebuild help

Quote Originally Posted by paragon61 View Post
    Maybe....in the center ther was a spot about .75" that was hard like metal it broke free with a chisel but I do not think it would have come loose otherwise...at least now I have a good starting point and like you said i will use proper coolant...whoever had this before me obviously did not...seller of "refurbished" insisted that it had been thoroughly gone over...NOT!...I cleaned up pretty good and used sleeve with rubber cord in joint and hose clamps to tighten just dry as test......sealed up pretty well right away...will redo with small amount of sealant at bottom tomorrow..

Thanks again!

Hi...after reassembling jacket ran pump...everything good there..now I notice after running a few minutes wires into motor from inverter getting pretty warm..around 90 plus...turned off..So when I got motor wires from motor were short to exit atc assembly..I extender with soldered joints...is that wrong.?..is it normal for those wires to be so warm?

Thanks for any help..
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by paragon61 View Post
    Hi...after reassembling jacket ran pump...everything good there..now I notice after running a few minutes wires into motor from inverter getting pretty warm..around 90 plus...turned off..So when I got motor wires from motor were short to exit atc assembly..I extender with soldered joints...is that wrong.?..is it normal for those wires to be so warm?

Thanks for any help..
    Rick
    No, the wires should not change temperature, it sounds like you have the wrong Gauge wire to carry the Amps the spindle needs, or you have not setup the VFD Drive correct to suit the spindle

If you run it to slow it will draw a large current this will overheat the wires, what's the specs for the spindle
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    No, the wires should not change temperature, it sounds like you have the wrong Gauge wire to carry the Amps the spindle needs, or you have not setup the VFD Drive correct to suit the spindle

If you run it to slow it will draw a large current this will overheat the wires, what's the specs for the spindle
    what I have is 120TD1825.5a 5.5 kw...18000 RPM...220V...600 HZ...20A

Inverter is GT-7R5G-2

Page 2 of 2 12