586,094 active members*
3,989 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Best Cam for Rhino?

Hey can anyone recommend a good cam for rhino?
    I saw there is 3 main ones, rhinocam, madcam and bobcam.

Thanks!

Re: Best Cam for Rhino?

We went with RhinoCAM. Previously we used madCAM for 8 years, and I even worked with Joakim in development and testing. But he can only do so much, and our needs outgrew what he was capable of adding. So we went with RhinoCAM. We've been using it for about 6 years now, and I'm still impressed by it and by the level of support we receive. I can't comment on bobcam as I've never used it.

Hope this is helpful,

Dan
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I'm trying BobCAM (from bobcad/cam) for Rhinoceros.
    Seem to be very interesting:

Rhinocam is the obvious choice as everything is done in the same file format with no need for translation and the attendant risk of minor errors creeping in.Even the most basic version is amazingly capable and now they include the nesting option,it is even better value than it used to be.It also means that with a design change,a click on the re-calculate icon brings things up to date.With a file that may have been through an Export and Import process in a different piece of software you would have to bring in the new version and produce a complete new set of operations.