586,094 active members*
4,060 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Bridgeport Ez-Vision

Hello all, I am the new owner of a 2007 Bridgeport EZ-Vision mill. I bought this machine from a shop that i used to work at, knowing that is was non-functioning. This machine will be used in my personal home shop. I would really like to get the CNC working again. Here is the scoop. After power up the machine most of the time comes up in the red box e-stop, and I am unable to reset. Then after playing with it for awhile and a few more power ups, the machine will come up ready and asking for home. As soon as I try to home either "X" or "Y" axis it immediately goes into e-stop. Sometimes when the machine comes up ready I will get humming out of "Y" axis servo motor. I have gone to the jog screen and I can move "X" or "Y" axis for a little bit using the smallest multiple feed and turning the handwheel very slow. Trying to use any kind of speed sends it back into e-stop. After reading some of the threads on this site I chose to have the DC-150 rebuilt by Radwell International. Installed the rebuilt unit and got the same results. I also purchased a different servo motor and resolver and got the same results. I have checked several connections in the electrical cabinet and the pendant. I have verified light coming through the fiberoptic cable from the control to the DC-150 and also the fiberoptic cables in the pendant. Any advice would be appreciated, as I am unsure what to try next. Thanks.

Re: Bridgeport Ez-Vision

ASR468,

Hardinge gave-up on those years ago. Couple former service guys would provide service but gave up too. Dont waste any more $ on trying to get it to work. Its a real smash-up control.

No way to test DC-150 unless putting into working maching. Just prove it works or not. Cant fix it. Its was a throw-away.

The axis drives and motors are actually from an Isreali company; have to be programmed to work. Cant get the programming software and dont know parameters. They were throw-aways.

Motherboard was end-of-life by oem before Hardinge even started building EZ-Vision, they bought all remaining stock. Cant get that anymore either. And if motherboard is replaced the Windows XP has to be reinstalled with a new license. And then the EZ-Vision software has to be reinstalled, need a new license key to do that too. Only Hardinge can authorize the company who did EZ-Vision software to issue new key and that has never happened.

Basically forget trying to get it to run.

Consider a retrofit. You will need to replace everything. I have such a deal for you: A complete working 2-axis EZ-Trak control off of a machine that someone converted back to manual ops. Includes: complete original electrical cabinet; controller, pc with latest EZ-Trak software; X - Y drives & motors; newer pendant w 15 inch color LCD. only thing missing is arm to hang pendant and the spindle control On-Off / Fwd-Rev box that mounts to side of head. I can get and replace this.

If you are interested let me know.

Bart

bptcontrols, thanks for the reply. I knew the ez-vision wasn't the best but I would think there has got to be a way to figure out what is wrong, by looking at the ladder or diagnostic page. You say the DC-150 can't be fixed? I just paid Radwell International $800.00 to rebuild that unit. I hate to give up just yet, but I would be interested in some pictures and pricing on your ez-trak control.

Ask Radwell how they tested it and to see repair and final test report. Want to know what was specifically wrong with it, what was replaced, and the final test report showing it passed all functional tests. Did they plug it into a test fixture which has a control and drive: no errors and motor runs. If they just replace caps and anything that 'looked bad' thats not a repair.

ASR468, Did you ever get your problem figured out? I have the same machine and while I was near the end of a 34 part project my machine when into the E Stop screen between tool changes. Now I can not get it to do anything. Rebooted it and get the same message before homing. I can not home the machine as it will not let me jog. I opened the pendent and verified the E switch was working and also jumped around the E switch but get the same message. I am at a loss on what to do next.