586,106 active members*
3,064 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > CNC Swiss Screw Machines > Miyano BNC 34t programming question

Miyano BNC 34t programming question

Does anyone have experience in programming a Miyano BNC 34t?
    I think it has a fanuc OT control.
    We recently purchased one from a customer. They have been running it for years but never used the sub turret. Nobody there can show us how to program it.
    Perhaps someone can send along a sample proogram.
    Are there any parameters that we need to change?
    Anything else you can tell me?

Any help/info would be greatly appreciated.

The simplest way to use the sub-turret is G110 followed by Gcode for the B axis:
    (older models didn't have B-axis offsets so prog would have larger numbers)

G110 G0 B.1
    G110 G1 B-.5 F.01
    G110 G0 B.1

A more complicated way is writing the code between G100 and G101 and utilizing wait commands (M90?) between the main and sub-turret. Too complicated to explain here, hopefully you can find a manual.

Thanks for the quick reply. On a holiday no less.
    We will try this tomorow.

Can you help with indexing the turret?

G101 (Begin registration of sub-turret program)
    T101
    G0 B.1
    G1 B-.5 F.01
    G0 B3.5
    M90 (sub turret waiting command)
    G100 (End of sub-turret program)
    G0 G40 G97 S1200 T0202 M03
    G0 X1. Z0.
    G1 X 0. F.007
    G0 Z.1
    X1.
    M40 (execute sub-turret program (or is it M41?))
    G1 Z-1.0
    X1.06
    G0 X5. Z5.
    M90 (main prog. waiting command)
    M30

When an M90 is read from either main prog or sub-turret prog, that axis stops action until an M90 is read from the other prog.
    The sub-turret program is not shown on the CRT while machine is executing program.

I think
    G110 T101
    indexes to station 1 on sub-turret. (T102, T103. etc.)
    Again, using G110 is simple "one shot" programming and simultaneous machining of both turrets does not occur.

Worked like a charm! Thanks for the help.

Keep in mind that in order to keep a good cycle time is good to overlap operations (turning and drilling)
    M90 will be the waiting commands that will avoid crashes. You will always need a least two, one in the B turret program and one in the main program

Good luck

Dear sir

i have a miyano ANC45S i lost the parameter of this machine can you send me the parameter 900 to 940 of fanuc control OTT
    Thanking you
    Parveen kumar
    [email protected]

Hmm Im almost 100% sure the miyanos I have are bnc34t's and that the turret tools are called with m61 to m66, and offset calls for these tools are done VIA the auxillary page using t71 to t7x, with t70 being the offset cancel.
    "sub programs" are stored between blocks g101, g102, g103, and g100, allowing a total of three sub programs to be stored to memory. You call each with m41 m42 and m43, with m90s in there as wait codes.

I've done a lot of simultaneous machining with it, its great fun making a machine older than myself do things even the veterans didn't know was possible

Be very careful running through single block or in dry run. Sub programs do not run in dry run, ie. They run full rapid, and if you're in single block make sure you do not turn off or on single block during a sub/main program execution. Wait until the B is done or some weird wonky potentially tool breaking things can occur.

Sir Denis Nayland and bborb are spot on correct. We run a line of Miyano34t's. This is the exact way we program. We have to input M90's (waiting codes) so as to overlap certain operations (drilling/centering/turning/grooving). We have been running parts on them for 20 years! They work okay, but it's nice to have a more advanced machine.

I program Tsuagami's, Mori's and Daewoo's now. The Miyano 34T's are much more archaic, but they do a wonderful job with certain parts. I grew up on them and I love them.

I hope the machine works out well for you!

Good Luck.
    Progressive Turnings, Inc.
    www.progressiveturnings.com

Re: Miyano BNC 34t programming question

Quote Originally Posted by lukehonor View Post
    Sir Denis Nayland and bborb are spot on correct. We run a line of Miyano34t's. This is the exact way we program. We have to input M90's (waiting codes) so as to overlap certain operations (drilling/centering/turning/grooving). We have been running parts on them for 20 years! They work okay, but it's nice to have a more advanced machine.

I program Tsuagami's, Mori's and Daewoo's now. The Miyano 34T's are much more archaic, but they do a wonderful job with certain parts. I grew up on them and I love them.

I hope the machine works out well for you!

Good Luck.
    Hi,
    I have one Miyano BNC 34t and one BND 34S. On BND 34S I lost the parameter. I would appreciate if your good self could send me its parameters.
    Regards
    Arshad Awan.

sir,
    i have recently purchased a miyano bnc 34t machine. im not able to run both the turrets at the same time , cause of that my cycle time has become more .could u give me a smaple program to do simultaneous machining using both turrets. it would be really helpful

sir ,
    could u give me a sample program of the simultaneous machinig on the miyano bnc-34t, it would be of great help.