586,121 active members*
3,509 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Unlevelness

Unlevelness

I have a laser machine 60w. I keep having to adjust the distance from the head to the material too often.
    Tried leveling the platform but still happening. And all the lenses are aligned.
    Tried it with different materials but still..Heeeelp please

Re: Unlevelness

I had to match mine to the laser nozzle in all 4 corners. Using a level gave me the same results as you

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Hi,
    I make a lot of circuit boards using an engraving tool to isolation route the traces. It is very sensitive to height variations, more than a few um and either the tool
    cuts to deeply or skims over the top without cutting the copper layer at all. I use a freeware software utility called Autoleveller. It generates a probing routine, then probes
    the target material and records the Z heights. It then uses the Z heights to manipulate the G code so that the Z axis goes up and down minutely to follow the surface.
    I have used it daily for seven years, works a treat.

It may be that you can adapt it to your use. The source code is published so you could use the same idea and write your own code.

https://www.cnczone.com/forums/pcb-m...-software.html

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by cornerman View Post
    I had to match mine to the laser nozzle in all 4 corners. Using a level gave me the same results as you

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Im starting to think something goes wrong when i try to adjust the four corners of the platform. Its not one those electric ones. Mine is the one you have to turn by hand...