586,060 active members*
4,328 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > 4TH axis powered by delta servodrive.

4TH axis powered by delta servodrive.

Hello.
    I would create a 4th axis on my vm25 then i buy delta servodrive and motor. I buy delta material because it was much less expensive than yaskawa. My motor is able to run till 3000r/min but if a put a speed over 1500r/min centurion turn on excess error. Something strange is if i turn in one direction there's no pb but in the other direction a have an excess error. I tryed to put in parameters yaskawa drives on NO, thinking my servomotors yaskawa are limited to 1500r/m but nothing change, always : excess error.
    Does someone had the same problem?
    Is there a solution?
    Thank you for your help.
    Hernault.

Re: 4TH axis powered by delta servodrive.

any more info on your project?

Hi,
    I use Delta servos also and they can and do run over 1500rpm, in fact I have mine tuned to do 5000rpm on rapids.

The only thing I can suggest is that over 1500rpm the torque of the load is sufficient for the servo to lag. Do you have a means of monitoring the servo current?.
    Delta servos have two analog output channels, can you program one to measure servo current.? If you see increasing current as the rpm rises then that tells you the the load torque
    is increasing with rpm.

Have you limited the current at all?

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by hernault View Post
    Hello.
    I would create a 4th axis on my vm25 then i buy delta servodrive and motor. I buy delta material because it was much less expensive than yaskawa. My motor is able to run till 3000r/min but if a put a speed over 1500r/min centurion turn on excess error. Something strange is if i turn in one direction there's no pb but in the other direction a have an excess error. I tryed to put in parameters yaskawa drives on NO, thinking my servomotors yaskawa are limited to 1500r/m but nothing change, always : excess error.
    Does someone had the same problem?
    Is there a solution?
    Thank you for your help.
    Hernault.
    Could it be over soft limit of the axis? is there any alarm code on the driver?
    http://cncmakers.com/cnc/controllers/CNC_Controller_System/CNC_Retrofit_Package.html

Hello everyone.
    Thank you for your answers. At this time my project is off. I was grinding the shaft of the motor so that it fit with my 4th axis when the fuses have blown. Inspected the motor, there was a contact between phases and ground. I took off copper wires and waitting for new ones. If i succes in repair my motor i will come back to try the good ideas you give me. Best regards.

Hello.
    It is done. My motor is repaired but i have always the same problem. The limit of the speed. Something new. below 1190 tr/min the speed is the same clockwise and counter clockwise. If i increase the feed above 1190 tr/min speed is limited to this value in one side but increase proportionnaly to the command in the other side. There is no parameter in centurion or in my servo drive that concern only one side. Can't find the solution.
    Perhaps joeavarage can give me his parameters so i can compare with mine?
    Regards.