I have been temporarily retired by choice for about seven years, but I been getting the itch to get back to work. I previously worked in the fabrication, welding, machining trades since 1993. I am 47 years old now. When I was last employed, tool grinders were seen as a dying breed andI always had a curiosity in that skill. What are the go to methods when tool grinding comes to mind? Is it cheaper these days to toss out the broken end mills and drill bits and order new ones or are tool grinders in demand to resharpen or grind specialty cutters? I know that it is an art, but at the same time CNC is replacing much of the skill. Is it worthwhile to dive into this skill. I am not looking to add to my resume, just more or less want to change the scenery in the fabrication industry. I should mention that I do have CNC and CAD/design experience from back when I was working. What do I need to know before I decide to invest in this curiosity? What should I be asking myself that I am not going to know without having any tool grinding experience outside of resharpenning drill bits on a Home Depot drill sharpener?