586,409 active members*
2,978 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > My GX1000 OSP having trouble using Renishaw.

My GX1000 OSP having trouble using Renishaw.

You can laugh. I had my machine for 8 years and I cannot use the majority of my Renishaw commands.
    I use CALL OO10 and PMOD=
    To get the following:
    Center of a hole, Center of a boss, Center of something in x-direction and center of something in y-direction.
    I think My PMODs are 6, 9, 11, 12. These are all center points

I do have a program I wrote that self calibrates the probe crooked-ness and diameter. I put a ring gauge on the table and the program does the rest.
    I also use my touch probe with the Renishaw and since the spring on the touch probe is weaker, I get accurate results using z-direction.
    I use M21 to turn on the probe and manually touch the part followed by G92 to set "Z"

I need help in using PMOD for X, Y, and Z in "End Face" gauging.

Re: My GX1000 OSP having trouble using Renishaw.

I found these variables VSTOD[*]. They appear to give 5 values for x, y, and z.
    I will work on this later.
    Another problem has appeared in the touch sensor system.

I enter CALL OO30 VFST= #81H. I expect to see the tool move over the touch probe and move down to touch. However, the tool moves down partially and I get an error 2305 1F.

Any thoughts?

hy graemeian

I use M21 to turn on the probe and manually touch the part followed by G92 to set "Z"
    so far, i only used macros for z, never done it manually; so, you simply jog it until it flashes, then set z zero ? why don't you use the normal macro ?

Center of something in x-direction and center of something in y-direction.
    i believe, you mean to touch a wall/straigth surface in x or y, not a center of a hole ... ?

I also use my touch probe with the Renishaw and since the spring on the touch probe is weaker, I get accurate results using z-direction
    as long as only one spring compresses : touch setter or probe, should be " fine "; if you wish, simply use an alternative method ( spindle test bar + precision block ) to check for the level of accuracy that you reach by your method

I need help in using PMOD for X, Y, and Z in "End Face" gauging
    sorry, i don't understand : you wish for multiple points on a face ? or how is this different from when touching manually + G92 + set Z ?

I found these variables VSTOD[*]. They appear to give 5 values for x, y, and z.
    I will work on this later.
    those are the offsets for the probe: x+- y+- and z ; they don't fit in the regular tool offset table, so here they are

you can mess up with them, whatever, just write them down before you start fingering

2305 1F
    UNTENDED: gauging impossible
    The condition in which the gauging cycle cannot be executed occurs during the execution of an automatic gauging cycle.
    Or an attempt is made to execute an automatic gauging cycle in the condition where such an execution is not allowed.

1F->
    Cause: In the touch sensor zero setting cycle for the vertical spindle longitudinal direction, the cutting tool fails to contact the
    sensor.
    Measures: Check the start position of the cycle; is it close to the touch sensor (within 10 mm)?
    Subprogram:OO30

Any thoughts?
    try to use the spindle test bar, or something, and recalibrate tool setter on z; check attached from manual, but from a different machine; hope is similar ?!

normally, as a step by step, you should 1st calibrate tool setter on z, then probe z ( without using the tool setter ), then use z macro for gauging

once this calibration chain is ok :
    ... repeat gauging on a z surface, write down values, etc
    ... mess up with vstod for z ( go for small value, like 0.1 - 0.3 )
    ... repeat gauging: all values should have shifted with the amount you added to vstod
    ... restore original value to vstod / kindly
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

deadlykitten, Thank you very much. I now have the touch probe working again. What macro do you use to get the Renishaw probe to find a z-axis point on a part? I have tried CALL OO10 PMOD = 3 PEI =...
    I am getting no response changing VSTOD[5].

I now figured it out. My book listed a tool offset as a work coordinate. I can now automatically find the z=0 position.

yup, that one : call oo10 pmod... is the same

glad you got it working

vstod should normally remain untouched, thus few people dare enter that area; however, now, that you got it working, change it and see what happens
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

Quote Originally Posted by graemeian View Post
    deadlykitten, Thank you very much. I now have the touch probe working again. What macro do you use to get the Renishaw probe to find a z-axis point on a part? I have tried CALL OO10 PMOD = 3 PEI =...
    I am getting no response changing VSTOD[5].
    VSTOD is for diameter comps. VSTOH is where the probe length would be stored upon calibration with the CALL OO10.