I've been using flood coolant for years in my CNC mill, and have been recently working on both enclosureless CNC lathe and mill conversions. I didnt want the mess so I started with a vacuum based mister from Amazon. That worked ok, but like everyone else that has used one of these things my shop started to fog up. I looked into the Fogbusters, and it seems like they cost a ton of money for what they are. I've seen a few others make their own versions of fog busters, but I've not seen anyone do it quite like the one I just built.

The path is as follows...

1) Air input to solenoid to turn air flow to coolant on and off from PathPilot
2) Air Regulator. Will have to find what pressure works best. Currently testing with 10-15psi.
3) Whole house water filter housing. Coolant is stored in the clear bottom.
4) Hose in the liquid out to a coolant hose at the end of the Tee.
5) Air through top of housing out to hose on bottom of Tee.
6) Air and Coolant hoses enter the nozzle base.
7) Needle valves for both Air and Coolant.
8) Nozzle to deliver mixed air and coolant.

For those that know how a fogbuster works, you can skip this part:

The way all of this works is that air is forced onto the top of the liquid which forces it up and out of the tube to the nozzle end. The air on top of the liquid goes strait to the nozzle and is used to send the water droplets and evacuate chips. Misters work as a vacuum and pull coolant up the pipe into the air stream. The coolant flow is small enough that it atomizes the coolant and is delivered as a mist. This setup creates pressure behind the coolant and it comes out as water drops. No mist.

The attached picture is as far as I have gotten. I need to test on a real part in a real world cut to see how well it cools, and how well it evacuates chips. My goal was to use the mister nozzle that I got from amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 so that I could control both the air and coolant at the nozzle.

Anxious to see how it works in a real world test. If the prototype works well, I plan to clean up the Tee side to make it more like the one used by Fogbuster. My 2 nozzle fittings wouldnt fit on a standard 3/4" plug so thats why the Tee exists.

Scott...