586,047 active members*
3,683 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

My VTC200B wont talk to me!! (RS232)

I cannot get my VTC200B (fusion 640) and my PC to discus anything. I would like to save my Mazatrol programs off the control. But more importantly I want to send G-code to the control. I use Gibbs and I havent even gotten as far as the problems I expect within the post editor. My problem is that even after syncronizing the Baud, parity etc the program will not comunicate with the control.
    Any sugestions are greatly appreciated.
    :withstupi
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm-Sir Winston Churchill

Comms

First off, has it ever communicated? If yes, can't really help you unfortunately.

Are you using the RS232 port or the Lan port? (If setting Baud, must be RS232 I assume)

We had a horizontal with the 640 control and we could not communicate with it using RS232 port, but we could via the floppy drive.

Phoned the experts at Mazak, sent me a new Mobo to 25 pin cable assy, on attempting to fit it, found the original was not connected at the Mobo.

Turns out the same port is used on the Mobo for comms to and from the tool management control option.

Supposedly you can connect to the other port on the Mobo with this lead, but we didn't bother as they only wanted to use a Facit 1060, backwards step if the machine has a floppy.

GEM

10/100 Pc Card

Do You Have A 10/100 Pc Card We Had To Put Them On Our Machines To Connect Them To The Network