586,058 active members*
4,249 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

nc400 contraves servo amp manual/schematic

Wondering if anyone had schematics/manual for contraves nc400 servo amps. This is on an R2E3 Bridgeport.

thank you
    sam

I have a copy of the manual at home, I will try to scan that tonight, are you just looking for the wiring diagram?
    I have (2) series2 R2E3's
    Cutmore

what ever you can find relating to the nc400 would be great - thank you

Contraves servo amps

Sam,
    I brought the manual with me to work, It is pretty thick and I did not have time to scan it last night. Is there anything in particular you want to know, I will look it up today. Otherwise give me a few and I will try to scan the manual. T
    The company who I think supports these drives is Cleveland Machine Controls, at least the manual is by them. The Phone # on the manual is 412-261-8600 They are in Pittsburgh P.A.
    Cutmore

thanks, I'm looking for anything that could explain how/why the fault light comes on. I checked the tach signal and it looks great, and the power is good, trying to figure out what to check next, maybe the manual has suggestions

If there are any schemantics/hookup diagrams also would be great.

sam

Sam,
    there are a number of things that can cause the drive to fault, 1st the drive will show a fault when the Bport is 1st powered up untill you enable the drives, If the voltage is too high or too low to the drive it will fault(these drives seem very sensitive to this) A limit switch will trigger a fault. The drive overheating will cause a fault(mine did this because 1 of the cooling fans died) There is also a fuse on the drive or the card cage.
    You say the fault light comes on but, when and can you enable any of the drives and are there any other fault messages/ codes/
    The wiring diagram is not too clear and I know i have a clearer copy some where but Check to see the 24vdc fuse is not blown also as that can cause the drive to not be en-abled.
    Cutmore

You wouldn't happen to know spec voltage range these amps take do you?
    (what is too high and what is too low)
    thanks

Sam,
    I checked the manual and too high is 122v or more, too low looks like 55v or less.
    What is your Bport doing or not doing? Maybe I have had the same happen to 1 of mine.
    Cutmore

The z axis is randomly faulting. Only when it isn't moving. we swapped the x and z drives and the problem stayed with the z axis.

sam

If you swapped the drives and the problem stayed, that rules out the drive pretty much. I would clean all the terminals for the drive, check the brushes in the servo motor, all the wires for the servo and encoder and limit switches. I had a similar thing happen and found some frayed wires on a limit switch. Mine would fault during or after a rapid move.
    Maybe try wiggling the cables with the drives en-abled to see if it faults.
    Cutmore

I"m pretty sure that the CMC number in Pittsburgh is no longer valid.

CMC bought out Motion Science as well - they used to be in Pirrsburgh too and the number is MIA.

As strange as it may seem, Cleveland Machine C0ntrol is now located in Cleveland, OH. I got the number from whitepages.com via the business section look up tool.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Cams View Post
    As strange as it may seem, Cleveland Machine C0ntrol is now located in Cleveland, OH. I got the number from whitepages.com via the business section look up tool.
    Its also listed on their web site!
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Smile I have a Operations and Service Manual for the NC 400 Series

We recently replaced these units with Advanced Motion Controls 50A20 drives. It worked well for us. However we have a mill that was upgraded o PC control, I don't know what the old computer needs to work offhand. We have a copy of the manual and 2 working, and 1 not working, amplifiers that where replaced with the 50A20.

Nc400

I have a contraves nc400 servo drive as well. I am trying to find out if they will work the the skyko Pixie 100. Anyone have any Ideas. According to pixies documentation the Drive must use either +/-5 or 10 volts and operate in current torque mode. Does anyone know if the nc400 fits this discription?3

Thanks

Vince

cut more, It seems any NC400 amp info is sacred among those who may have it. All searches "zero info," any scanned manual, schematic, alignment sheet, or link to this info, would be greatly appreciated.

Paul

Smile

Thanks.

MRboss8,
    I have the manual for the Contraves NC400 Amp. Is there anything in particular you are interested in?
    I just have not had time to scan the manual yet.

Regards,
    Cutmore

Cutmore, thanks for the response. I suppose the "schematic" and "pot alignment and or adjustment proceedure" while under power, in my machine, would be most welcome.

Sincerely,

Paul

Do you still have the manual for contraves nc400 a1520?

I started scanning the manual last night,
    I will have some of it tomorrow and will either post it or PM it.

Patience my friends, I will get it scanned, I just don't have a lot of free time with a full time job and my own company.

Cutmore

Page 1 of 2 12