586,103 active members*
3,304 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

mach 3 settings help

i am trying to get mach3 to control my spindle.
    here is what i have
    warp9 ess
    c35 s BOB
    c41 pwm speed control
    hy vfd
    this is a used machine i purchased i did not get the computer to run it so i bought one ive gotten to the point where i can move all the axis and turn the spindle on and off but cannot control the spindle speed. i should mention that i don't believe it is wired to let the software run the spindle speed. i can rewire it later what i am trying to do is get a signal out of the analog side of the c41 board and no matter what setting i change in mach3 nothing happens. i am not sure if i need a plugin for the warp9 to do what i want any help would be appreciated.

Re: mach 3 settings help

Checklist.
    Which revision of the board do you have?.
    Have you got the correct manual?.
    Have you set spindle step port and pin to match the port and pin you have used on the ess?.
    Have you configured pwm spindle page correct?.

Have you connected ess port/pin to 0-10v pwm +positive on c41 and connected its pwm -ground back to the SAME ess port GND and not back to power supply instead?. This would result in the circuit not being completed, common mistake.

When something is connected directly to a lpt port, all the port numbers are positive. Then pins 18-25 are GND, pin26 is for aux power.
    Unlike when using a breakout board which generally inverts the polarity resulting in the pin no's becoming negative out for pulse driving active low to a stepper/servo etc.

Re: mach 3 settings help

Quote Originally Posted by MrAbrasive View Post
    i am trying to get mach3 to control my spindle.
    here is what i have
    warp9 ess
    c35 s BOB
    c41 pwm speed control
    hy vfd
    this is a used machine i purchased i did not get the computer to run it so i bought one ive gotten to the point where i can move all the axis and turn the spindle on and off but cannot control the spindle speed. i should mention that i don't believe it is wired to let the software run the spindle speed. i can rewire it later what i am trying to do is get a signal out of the analog side of the c41 board and no matter what setting i change in mach3 nothing happens. i am not sure if i need a plugin for the warp9 to do what i want any help would be appreciated.
    First get the PWM to Analog 0-10v working at the Board level before you connect it to the VFD Drive

What settings have you done in Mach3 and the ESS
    Mactec54