586,032 active members*
2,962 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Shopping in the States

Hi All,

I'm wanting to purchase items from the States and come up with the usual blocks. (won't ship o/s, getting ripped off, etc)

I have just found this website http://www.myus.com/about/index.shtml

Has anyone used it? Does anyone know of a better alternative? Would it be cost effective / feasible for Australian CNCers to chuck in a few dollars and register a common account?

Or, can is anyone willing for me to use their account? I'm quite willing to pitch in with any overheads, etc.

I'm not a regular purchaser but having the arrangement in place is what I need.

Andy
    Drat, imperfection has finally stopped working!!

Smile Buy in USA, ship to Australia or anywhere.

Hi Andy.

My name is Elwood, Beauchamp. I live in Hickory Flat, Mississippi, USA and for several months I have accepted items purchased by a fellow in New South Wales, Australia and he purchases quite a lot of items from DC Controllers and Collet Index Fixtures to Indexable toolholder inserts to 8" Lathe Chucks.

Most of the sellers here in the States do not sell out of the USA, And we hooked up when he purchased some of my machinist tools(I was injured, and now disabled) and he had the same problem as you do...so he asked me if I would be interested in receiving the items he purchases, and hold them until there were, as close as possible, 20 pounds of items that I would then package in one of the USPS Flat Rate Boxes and then mail the box(s) to him for the Flat Rate of $37 USD. So far I have posted 11 boxes and have about 1-1/2 more boxes now with more items coming all the time.

I will give you his name and email address so you may chat with him and verify that he and I are now Mates, and he also has a mate where he lives who wants to sign up also. The 20 pound Flat Rate box will save approximately $55/$65 USD over a Priority Mail International standard mailing box. If you regularly purchase small items that will fit into the Flat Rate Box, you can save loads of $$$.

If you purchase items too large for the 20 pounder, I can still accept it from your seller and package it and post it for any USPS Shipping method.

Rich pays me $15 USD per box, any size,even tho' he wanted to pay me $20/box. It really isn't that much work, but it buys grub when you have no income.

Let me know if you would like to use my idle time to solve your US shipping problems.

Richard is in route to Thailand, and he will be here for the next month working in an Orphanage He and his wife helped after the Tsunami. I feel he will get settled in and contact me in the next day or two. As soon as he does, I can give you his address and he will be looking for your email.

I also have just discovered an on line storefront website called eCrater.com and they offer you a store complete with unlimited inventory listings allowed, shopping cart with PayPal and Google Checkout and I am in process of setting it up. I do, however, have our "About Us" page setup, so if you want to check me out, the address is: http://goodthings.ecrater.com

I know you have questions, and I would love to answer them for you.

To anyone else who needs a Stateside Shipper, please contact me at [email protected] or call me at 1-662-333-3047. I'm here all the time...well most of the time...wife is hollering for me to go to town with her and get the grub...back in a couple

Elwood Beauchamp

Quote Originally Posted by andy_ck87028 View Post
    Hi All,

I'm wanting to purchase items from the States and come up with the usual blocks. (won't ship o/s, getting ripped off, etc)

I have just found this website http://www.myus.com/about/index.shtml

Has anyone used it? Does anyone know of a better alternative? Would it be cost effective / feasible for Australian CNCers to chuck in a few dollars and register a common account?

Or, can is anyone willing for me to use their account? I'm quite willing to pitch in with any overheads, etc.

I'm not a regular purchaser but having the arrangement in place is what I need.

Andy

My apologies Elwood for not replying

I got my immediate need sorted out and I drifted off elsewhere.

Thanks for the offer and detail provided.

When the need arises once more, I will make contact.

Regards

Andy
    Drat, imperfection has finally stopped working!!

Relay Int'l Shipping

Quote Originally Posted by andy_ck87028 View Post
    My apologies Elwood for not replying

I got my immediate need sorted out and I drifted off elsewhere.

Thanks for the offer and detail provided.

When the need arises once more, I will make contact.

Regards

Andy
    Hi Andy,

We are here whenever you need the help. We have more details now on our website. We also just obtained Distributorship with one of the top Electronics whosalers anywhere. There will be many new items stocked in the store inventory in the next days and weeks. We have over 10,000 Audio and Video Products and at Very Low Prices.

Regards,

Elwood Beauchamp

Good Things

http://goodthings.ecrater.com/

Easy US Shopping / Shipping

Hello group,

I contacted Woody about shipping 3 steppers, some bearings and control boxes to me about a fortnight ago, after speaking to Woody about options I went ahead and bought the parts I wanted for my new build and had them shipped to him, he consolidated the orders into the boxes for shipment to me in NSW, USPS has a deal on Air Express boxes that anything can go into them up to a weight of 20lbs, the largest box is about 280mm by 150mm by 200mm, Woody sent them to me last Thursday ( 18th Oct ) and I collected them from the Post Office this afternoon ( 26th Oct ), the cost was US$37.00 for the box and US$15.00 for Woody, so the total was about US$156.00, seeing in the past when I have bought from the States, the business has sent them by DHL or similar and the cost to lift them from Mascot has been close to that it is a pretty good way to shop.

Woody can be paid by paypal so it's easy at his end to.

If you have any questions about the process contact me, I'm already planning my next order.

Ed