586,121 active members*
3,660 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Chinese Machines > Z axis gaining spindle problem motor gets hot. Newbie into cnc
Page 1 of 3 123

Z axis gaining spindle problem motor gets hot. Newbie into cnc

I've had a lot of problems since I got the chinese 3040 cnc machine for metal and wood 3d carving. Company has very poor support

Machine comes with 1.5kw water cool spindle.
    Motors on z axis is 57hs76 2804a8 d22. And motors are in xy are 57hs100 2804d8 with all stepper drivers dm566 breakout board bsmceo4ured usb

Whenever I do 3d carving, the issue of gaining z axis comes up. If I run same gcode on another machine heen, then there is no problem. I have done a lot in this regard so far.

This problem is only with 3d carving. On 2d it works good

I am going through a great loss. Is there any solution to this problem so that the z axis gaining and the motors that get hot can be fixed.

I checked the feed and speed and plunge rate by keeping it to a minimum but there is still a problem with gaining z axis.

Here is link of my problem with example of z gaining

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11yloEN6g-2z0EFRsanhD9nJz65wNBSWl/view?usp=drivesdk

Also in video you can check another problem when I start spindle my whole laptop start lagging also mouse cursor start lagging I check this with other versions of mach3 also check this on other 3 different laptops but it still lag while spindle running.

Also company suggested me 320 steps with 2400 velocity and 240 ac acceleration on all motors. After running 30 to 45 minutes all motors get very hot but touchable

Re: Z axis gaining spindle problem motor gets hot. Newbie into cnc

Sounds like you might have some EMI noise issues, but that is not causing the axis to heat up

Quote Originally Posted by CNCMAN172 View Post
    Sounds like you might have some EMI noise issues, but that is not causing the axis to heat up
    And what cause z axis gaining? Is this also emi noise issue ?

Quote Originally Posted by Chmfhm View Post
    Yes it can be EMI noise, from bad wiring and Grounding, check that the cutter is not moving out of the collet, if not correctly torqued up the cutter can also get pulled out
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Yes it can be EMI noise, from bad wiring and Grounding, check that the cutter is not moving out of the collet, if not correctly torqued up the cutter can also get pulled out
    I install emi noise filter on my 220v and also take out breakout board from controller box and sit it aside now laptop or software lagging is finished.

I will try a 3d cut later hope it will work well. If problem remain same then I'll reply back

I re-checked the cnc machine on 3d toolpath for 3d carving. Before that I installed emi noise filter on my 220v line and removed the BOB from the main panel. It ended up logging my system or laptop. 3d carving is better than before but Z axis is still gaining. Can you tell me what the problem might still be? I have checked that the spindle speed does not remain stable up to 23000rpm. I am also sending a video link in which you can see clearly thar rpm goes more or less around 500rpm to 1000rpm. One more thing I did not ground the machine or emi noise filter.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yvg4yh4_UqZ0A4kZtgx1tPPwFV9DbEAe/view?usp=drivesdk

- - - Updated - - -

I re-checked the cnc machine on 3d toolpath for 3d carving. Before that I installed emi noise filter on my 220v line and removed the BOB from the main panel. It ended up logging my system or laptop. 3d carving is better than before but Z axis is still gaining. Can you tell me what the problem might still be? I have checked that the spindle speed does not remain stable up to 23000rpm. I am also sending a video link in which you can see clearly thar rpm goes more or less around 500rpm to 1000rpm. One more thing I did not ground the machine or emi noise filter.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yvg4yh4_UqZ0A4kZtgx1tPPwFV9DbEAe/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yvg...w?usp=drivesdk

- - - Updated - - -

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yvg...w?usp=drivesdk
    Check to see if the 4th pin on the Spindle is Grounded to the spindle body, and that you have a ( 4) wire shielded cable from the Spindle to the VFD Drive
    Mactec54

Looking at the first video again, check the the cutter is not moving out, although this would be more tapered if this was happening, check the work piece is not moving also

Can you post the code just before the step and just after the step, just a few lines of the code text is good.
    Mactec54

Looking at the first video again, check the the cutter is not moving out, although this would be more tapered if this was happening, check the work piece is not moving also

Can you post the code just before the step and just after the step, just a few lines of the code text is good.
    In the first video,
    I stopped the cycle in mach3, turned off the spindle myself, and moved to checked how much the z axis has gained.

Now I just pull off the spindle wire from control panel and swap the x stepper drive with the z stepper drive and then air run gcode file in mach3. I also removed the power supply from the control panel.

Still The problem is also coming in the z axis. Still z axis gaining I am suffering a lot of stress because of this problem

Check to see if the 4th pin on the Spindle is Grounded to the spindle body, and that you have a ( 4) wire shielded cable from the Spindle to the VFD Drive
    You need to check what I posted above
    Mactec54

You need to check what I posted above
    I checked all stepper motor wires and spindle wires are shielded and ground wire is connected as shown in picture

I checked all stepper motor wires and spindle wires are shielded and ground wire is connected as shown in picture
    Post some photos of how it is Ground in the Box and how the Shields are Grounded
    Mactec54

Post some photos of how it is Ground in the Box and how the Shields are Grounded

I newbie how to check ground in box. And also shielded cables not ground they are just 4 wires comes out from stepper to four pin socket and from that socket it goes to stepper motor. I am sending you picture of 4 pin connector
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails images (1) (1).jpeg  

What happens when you slow things down? I'd test it with less aggressive and slower settings all around (speed, acceleration, etc.) and see how that works.

Quote Originally Posted by HamDesigner View Post
    What happens when you slow things down? I'd test it with less aggressive and slower settings all around (speed, acceleration, etc.) and see how that works.
    I checked with that like velocity from 2400 to 1500 acceleration from 230 to 140. Even plunge rate from 25mm/ sec to 8mm/sec

I newbie how to check ground in box. And also shielded cables not ground they are just 4 wires comes out from stepper to four pin socket and from that socket it goes to stepper motor. I am sending you picture of 4 pin connector
    Do some good clear photos of inside the Box of the wiring, look for the Green / Yellow colored wires or straight Green
    Mactec54

Then it is most likely not shielded cable at all, a shielded cable looks like this cable, this has a Braid Shield
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4-Core Shielded Cable.png  
    Mactec54

Then it is most likely not shielded cable at all, a shielded cable looks like this cable, this has a Braid Shield
    I just checked wire from motors and from spindle are sheilded but no one has ground connection. Only inner 4 wires are connected from motors or from spindle to controller board

My whole wires are unshielded I check. It will be helpful if you tell me how to ground sheilded wire of stepper motor.

Do I have to connect one end to motor and the other end to connected to ground? Or one end connect to shield wire and the other end connect to ground?

My whole wires are unshielded I check. It will be helpful if you tell me how to ground sheilded wire of stepper motor.

Do I have to connect one end to motor and the other end to connected to ground? Or one end connect to shield wire and the other end connect to ground?
    First you have to have a Ground Plane, where everything is mounted too in your Box is the Ground plane, check the incoming main power supply Ground is mounted metal to metal this then Ground the Box this is important to have a Good Ground anything then that is in the box can be Grounded to a Ground Bus or stud this has to be done correctly or it will be ineffective I will post some snips of how the shields have to be Grounded

You must remove all paint or anodizing and have bare metal for all Grounding connections

P-Clips are best for Shielded Cable, a saddle clamp will work, both types must clamp the shield tight

Post some photos of inside your Box / Cabinet I can see better what you have to do.
    Mactec54

Page 1 of 3 123