586,036 active members*
3,576 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Hybrid View

SZGH GH-1000MC beginners help?

Hello,
    I´m trying to figure out the basic stuff for this controller and the manual is not helping.
    I seem to be stuck in the machine coordinates and the absolute coordinates are the same, how do I make it move in the relative coordinates or zero for example g54 without setting the offset in the parameters?
    Can I also set X to 50 for example?

Re: SZGH GH-1000MC beginners help?

You can switch coord systems a couple of ways - use the MDI and simply type in G54, G55...etc. then hit enter, note that the display will change from G53 to G54 accordingly, or use F8 (Choose Coordinate) and choose G54 through G59 there. If the display is still showing G53 as active, then you are sill in machine coordinates. The display will show G54 when you are properly in the work coordinate system.

To zero your work coordinates, you must first choose a work coordinate system (use either of the previously described methods, MDI or F8), then choose F7 (Set Coordinates), choose the axis of choice (XYZAB, etc), and enter zero then enter. You can enter any value you choose for your work coord as long as its within the axis' travel limits. If not, the control will give a soft-limit error.

To home an axis, press reference, then the axis of choice (XYZAB) or 0 for all axes. This assumes that you have properly setup your axis homing parameters.

FYI, I am about 18 months into an SZGH 5-Axis 1000MDC retrofit coming from Mach 3. I absolutely love the control, it simply works every time. It has never crashed in 18 months or had any issues not caused by me. Also, Mike Bond Huang at SZGH is a God send for support. Reach him at [email protected]. He has helped me tremendously. I took a leap of faith buying the SZGH as there was not much internet support or info available. I'm glad I did. I have a good grasp of it now, and will help you as I can. You may also search "Newker" control for support online. SZGH is simply a private label brand of Newker controls.

Also, please keep posting here, rather than DM'ing so that future users can access the thread details. Happy to help as needed, and good luck on your control. You won't be disappointed once you have it tuned. Mine still makes me smile every time I rigid tap (not easy to do in Mach 3).

Thanks for you answers
    I read in the manual about pressing F8 and F7 but I dont have any on my controller, see picture.
    But I found the Coord button under settings and pressing Coord one more time I found the zero xyz buttons.

Do you know how to home an axis one more time? when I rehome an axis it just go to zero, only the first time it searches for the home switch.

Yes I have Mike on wechat and I would not have got anywhere without his help but he also answers with very few words and sometimes not very fast so it can take days to get to a solution.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1000mc.jpg  

Can you use the Right Arrow key to toggle to F6, F7, and F8? You must spend some time exploring your control to familiarize with it. If not, everything will be more difficult for you. I spent 2 evenings playing in the control menus and simply learning before I begun the wiring process.

For fastest response from Mike Bond, ensure that you send your questions before 8am China time. I always get same day or overnight (I am in the US) responses. Yes, his responses can be short, and you have to sometimes explain your problem in different words due to language barrier, but he has helped me succeed with the control.

Regarding your homing issue - please check your homing parameters, specifically your "Mode of Homing", there are 4 choices. Also check that your home switch is working properly via your I/O screen. Always check your hardware connection via I/O screen first. Is home switch parameter for NC or NO correct? Is "Type of Home" parameter set to Float or Switch? Post a pic of your homing parameters for me to review.

I am in the process of trying to get my szgh controller up and running as we speak. How do you activate the home switches? I am talking with support but answers do take a while due to the time difference. Any help would be appreciated

If you are using a home NPN or PNP sensor, you will need to connect it to +24V/0V through a ~2-3k resistor. This is described in the manual and works very well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jeeybee View Post
    Thanks for you answers
    I read in the manual about pressing F8 and F7 but I dont have any on my controller, see picture.
    But I found the Coord button under settings and pressing Coord one more time I found the zero xyz buttons.

Do you know how to home an axis one more time? when I rehome an axis it just go to zero, only the first time it searches for the home switch.

Yes I have Mike on wechat and I would not have got anywhere without his help but he also answers with very few words and sometimes not very fast so it can take days to get to a solution.

It looks like you have the Lathe control as the F buttons are different for the Mill control, check your manual for what the F buttons do
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    It looks like you have the Lathe control as the F buttons are different for the Mill control, check your manual for what the F buttons do
    Its not a lathe control, and the manual is not that good, it often just state what it says on the screen over the F buttons in not so good english and the F buttons have a hundred different funktions depending on which screen is active.

Its not a lathe control, and the manual is not that good, it often just state what it says on the screen over the F buttons in not so good english and the F buttons have a hundred different funktions depending on which screen is active.
    The Lathe control has the same number of F buttons as your one does, yes there is a Mill version of the same control, this may be an old model as there were no manuals I could fine for this control, all the other Mill controls have the (8) F buttons and is clear how each one works in the manual, a snip below, there manuals are very well written, and the English is correct Manuals are on there web site, but none for the control you have.
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mikegiraud View Post
    FYI, I am about 18 months into an SZGH 5-Axis 1000MDC retrofit coming from Mach 3. I absolutely love the control, it simply works every time. It has never crashed in 18 months or had any issues not caused by me. Also, Mike Bond Huang at SZGH is a God send
    Are the manuals accurate for this model? there is too much on this controller that is not the same in the manual and we want to be able to sell this to our customers so it need to be good.

I have come across a 1000mdc control. Wondering if this could be used without an ATC? Also, a Newker 335P came with it. I think this is a control board. I would love to use this system, but I am at a loss. New to cnc so I'm looking for any advice. Thanks.

John

Quote Originally Posted by johnac01 View Post
    I have come across a 1000mdc control. Wondering if this could be used without an ATC? Also, a Newker 335P came with it. I think this is a control board. I would love to use this system, but I am at a loss. New to cnc so I'm looking for any advice. Thanks.

John
    Well you can delete the M6 commands in the gcode if there is a plc program for atc loaded, maybe there isnt, try run M6 T2 in MDI for example and see what it does.
    If there is you can probably reach out to Mike (his adress is written earlier in the thread) for a plc program without atc that you can load into your controller.

Thanks for the information.

John
    I own and use the SZGH 1000MDc control. Yes, it can be used with or without ATC. The ATC macro is called via a user program such as G120 (servo ATC) or G121 (AC Motor ATC). If G120 or G121 or not called, then the ATC can be fully ignored. The M6 macro is fully editable to make a manual tool change pause and wait for your input. Pretty much everything related to tool changing is fully customizable so you should have no issues using the 1000MDC without an ATC. I use the 1000MDC pretty much daily, so let me know if you have further questions on it. Its a good control overall.

- - - Updated - - -

John
    I own and use the SZGH 1000MDc control. Yes, it can be used with or without ATC. The ATC macro is called via a user program such as G120 (servo ATC) or G121 (AC Motor ATC). If G120 or G121 or not called, then the ATC can be fully ignored. The M6 macro is fully editable to make a manual tool change pause and wait for your input. Pretty much everything related to tool changing is fully customizable so you should have no issues using the 1000MDC without an ATC. I use the 1000MDC pretty much daily, so let me know if you have further questions on it. Its a good control overall.

Thanks for the information. How do I get to the M6 macro? I am really lost when it comes to modifying any of the macros. Also is there any provision to use touch probing (for g54 etc.) or tool touch probing for tool measurement? Sorry for these basic questions but the only other control I ever used was a Centroid Acorn. Thanks again Mike.

John Chmielewski

Hello,
    I´m trying to figure out the basic stuff for this controller and the manual is not helping.
    I seem to be stuck in the machine coordinates and the absolute coordinates are the same, how do I make it move in the relative coordinates or zero for example g54 without setting the offset in the parameters?
    Can I also set X to 50 for example?
    Once you have homed the machine, use MDI mode you can then G1X50F20.this will move the X axis 50mm as a feed move, G0X50 will move the X-axes 50mm at max rapid
    Mactec54

Once you have homed the machine, use MDI mode you can then G1X50F20.this will move the X axis 50mm as a feed move, G0X50 will move the X-axes 50mm at max rapid
    I meant set it to 50, not move it to 50, if I would compare with Mach3 I could jog to a position then klick on the X coordinates and write 50 and the X would be in relative position 50.

B015.0 to 0 solved the home again problem (remember zero point)

For the set X to 50 thing I know I can go into settings att set the g54 offset manually to 192.65 from the g53 zero or something to get the right offset but it would be more convinient to just tell it where it is now.

B015.0 to 0 solved the home again problem (remember zero point)

For the set X to 50 thing I know I can go into settings att set the g54 offset manually to 192.65 from the g53 zero or something to get the right offset but it would be more convinient to just tell it where it is now.
    When using a G54 this is where you set your work offset X and Y Axis 0.0 Point, so the control then knows where to start machining your work piece
    Mactec54

When using a G54 this is where you set your work offset X and Y Axis 0.0 Point, so the control then knows where to start machining your work piece
    Yes of course, but the question is if its possible to set it to something else than zero.
    Normally for low precision work I just move the endmill to the edge of the workpice and then set X for example to 6 if the enmill is 12mm, or if need to find the center of a cylinder that I know is 100mm then I can find the edge and set X to 56mm, much more convinient than set it to zero and then jog 56mm and zero again to get the zero in the center of the piece.

Page 1 of 2 12