Quote Originally Posted by ukkie12342000 View Post
From page 77 onwards to page 83 you can find an explanation about machine an work coordinates.

On my system the setup button is a physical one.
When your system is properly configured then you must have a relation between the position of the home switches and the G53 machine coordinates.
All other work coordinates (G54-G59) are always relative to the G53 coordinates.
With the setup button I can set these offsets manual for each axis.
There are other ways for setting these offsets by using G50 in the MDI (see the explanation about the coordinate system in your original manual for that).
Thank you but its not how the coordinate system work that I need explained its how to set it conveniently, in my opinion its not a convenient way to use a calculator to calculate how much I need to add from the machine coordinates to the g54 offset, I mean if mach3/4 uccnc and every other cheap program I have tried can do that calculation autmatically then how could not a more industrial controller not do it?

mactec54: In mach3 and other similar programs it work the same way, you have your g53 coordinates and you have you g54 coordinates, but if I write 99 in the X coordinate field it automatically calculate the needed offset from the macine coordinates for me to be att X99 in g54.