Quote Originally Posted by PCW_MESA View Post
Yep, Add FPGAs, optocouplers, almost all switching power supply chips, almost all Ethernet chips and even lowly Zener diodes... Its a real supply chain nightmare.

I don't see any evidence that it is related to anything China has done as this affects many chips with no processing path through China.

As a matter of fact I am happy China is manufacturing chips, as we were able to move some FPGA designs from Xilinx (35-99 week lead times) to Efinix (in my hot hands now)
If we waited for Xilinx, Lattice or Microchip, we would basically have been out-of business for 6 Months to a year...
But really it wouldn't it be better if factories were spread around the world in numerous ( non communist ) countries instead of putting all your eggs in one ( very powerful ) countries basket ? I'm sure many business executives realize now that was a terrible idea . Remember NOT ONE economist saw the real estate crash of 2009 coming. These people are not that smart . The promise of $$$$ tends to make people make bad decisions.