586,437 active members*
4,013 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Chineese Laser Machines and Tubes

Hi Everyone:

I just found and joined this website. I have been in the laser tube business for over 25 years. I can answer any question you have about laser tubes, gasses, or power supplies. I have been to China several times and can answer your questions about these junk tubes and the money people are wasting.

Thanks.

The Laser Doctor

Uhmm... I believe here are people that are pretty satisfied with their Chinese lasers too.

Quote Originally Posted by svenakela View Post
    Uhmm... I believe here are people that are pretty satisfied with their Chinese lasers too.
    Dear Svenakela:

I do appologize. I'm sure there are good laser engravers from China. I just started with CNCZone and havn't been able to read all correspondence requarding them. The ones that I have read have been quite discouraging. I based my opion upon the threads i've read and my own personal experience with these units. My experience also has dealt directly with the chineese in this area.

The Laser Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Doctor View Post
    ... junk tubes and the money people are wasting.
    OK, fine. What would you recommend for someone who wants to build a machine with a CO2 laser? If something like Synrad is too expensive, and the Chinese disposable tubes are no good, is there anything in the middle?

use my mahine~~

Quote Originally Posted by pixpop View Post
    OK, fine. What would you recommend for someone who wants to build a machine with a CO2 laser? If something like Synrad is too expensive, and the Chinese disposable tubes are no good, is there anything in the middle?
    use my machine is ok. offer you nice quality and service.
    I'm in China

us my machines with my tube,~~

Quote Originally Posted by kyfds View Post
    us my machines with my tube,~~

He doesnt want a tube. Frankly tubes, mainly thier powers supply have a poor response time. So Engraving detailed logos at High Speed are just not the same as an ULS or EPILOG.

The Laser Generator is the important part. If you are cutting high detailed logos/photos dont get a laser tube. Try to get a RF Excited laser generator.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by technazz View Post
    He doesnt want a tube. Frankly tubes, mainly thier powers supply have a poor response time. So Engraving detailed logos at High Speed are just not the same as an ULS or EPILOG.

The Laser Generator is the important part. If you are cutting high detailed logos/photos dont get a laser tube. Try to get a RF Excited laser generator.

Chris
    Hi! Chris! yeah,you got it. The point is the laser generator.

Neil:

You can have your all of your Synrad tubes refurbished @ Photovac Laser. They are located in Grove City, Ohio. They work with Synrad in cooperation with the older tube regassing. Their website is www.photovaclaser.com

The Laser Doctor

Chinese lasers are junk??? Unbelievable.. Maybe some after sale service is Junk I am sure

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Doctor View Post
    Hi Everyone:

I just found and joined this website. I have been in the laser tube business for over 25 years. I can answer any question you have about laser tubes, gasses, or power supplies. I have been to China several times and can answer your questions about these junk tubes and the money people are wasting.

Thanks.

The Laser Doctor
    Hi laser Doctor, I wonder if you can recommend some material for reading about gGlass laser tube and its power supply.
    I have good physics and electronis background
    thanks in advance

Affordable RF Laser Units

Quote Originally Posted by pixpop View Post
    Hi pixpop. I am new to this site and i was searching forums trying to get a perception on how people veiw chinese manufactured equipment. I myself own and operate a chinese made Laser Machine. It works very well for me and i have based a business around it. I now offer the same type of machine i have, to all interested across the world. To respond to your question there is now a GREAT alternative choice in the laser tube market. Glass tubes work good and i would not neccessarly call them junk. Synrads are very expensive and it takes awhile to start making capital from the initial investment. My company now offers chinese built RF units made with parts from America. Very affordable too... 100 WATT RF unit is under $20,000.00. Interested??
    Tom Winters
    www.the-lasersedge.com

Hello,

I have never been to china (yet), but i have taken several optic & Photonic courses at diferent technology research facilities in Mexico, and trough experience with redsail machines, and laser suppliers, i have found that most of the power sources for laser tubes are not calibrated for the specific tube, but rather calibrated to work with a board range of tubes,so if you can get the specs of your power supply and adjust the "beforehand current" meaning ticle pulses to keep tube ionised just before the lasing treshold, you will get the same response as a RF exited tube and you WILL be able to make quality engraving at high speeds, withot getting the blurry edges.

so actually these chinesse tubes are not defective or junk neither a waist of money, they actually stand for their rated life 2,000 hours if care is taken to keep them under optimum operating temperature.

IF YOU BUY A BMW AND USE IT WITHOUT OIL OR WATER AND IT BREAKS, WILL YOU CALL IT JUNK ?????

Quote Originally Posted by mexico.redsail View Post
    Hello,

i have found that most of the power sources for laser tubes are not calibrated for the specific tube, but rather calibrated to work with a board range of tubes,so if you can get the specs of your power supply and adjust the "beforehand current" meaning ticle pulses to keep tube ionised just before the lasing treshold, you will get the same response as a RF exited tube and you WILL be able to make quality engraving at high speeds, withot getting the blurry edges.
    very interesting, could you please share more technical information? can you explain how to adjust the tickle setting? what measurement tools are needed?
    thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by mexico.redsail View Post
    Hello,

IF YOU BUY A BMW AND USE IT WITHOUT OIL OR WATER AND IT BREAKS, WILL YOU CALL IT JUNK ?????
    BMW would never sell a car without oil or water!~

If the seller does not set it up properly how can you expect an end user to. It is junk! Most are just put together quickly, then test the laser and ship it. If these chinese companies acutally spent the time to set up the machine properly and spend a little more on some components (power supply/optics) maybe you can start to compare.

Chris

$20.000.00 very affordable????

Quote Originally Posted by lamicron View Post
    $20.000.00 very affordable????
    One can get a 100 watt U.S. made laser for not much more than that. I have been looking at adding a second laser and find that Chinese made lasers are going for much less than that, through U.S. distributors that offer support. For example 60 watts for $4,000.

I'm not so worried about the glass tubes holding up, they are so much cheaper to replace, but have heard that their output is inconsistent. That can be a problem when running production jobs with hundreds of the same item.