586,103 active members*
3,013 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Cant manually create a new program in FANUC O-M controller

Cant manually create a new program in FANUC O-M controller

Hi all,

I recently got a ANDI Stratos/SUP cnc mill that uses a FANUC O-M contoller. It uses a rs-232 to input programs into the machine, but I have been unable to do so. I tried to create a new program by doing PGRM -> O0001 -> Input but it does nothing, and I think these two problems are related. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Re: Cant manually create a new program in FANUC O-M controller

Usually it's a EDIT protect Key switch. May be under the software operator's panel

...try Sending a program CNC to PC to test cable wiring, Most common cables are Null Modem type....next check for Format of the program you're try to load. Sometimes a blank Line (aka CR LF) at the beginning of a program is needed.

Also, make sure the PC is electrically Grounded correctly or things can get fried

On our machine it is a physical key switch and we made sure it is turned off.

On our machine it is a physical key switch and we made sure it is turned off.

- - - Updated - - -

It appears our machine had the key switch mislabeled, turned it the other way and now we can manually create programs. Cant input programs still but wondering if that has to do with a wrongly wired cable.

- - - Updated - - -

It appears our machine had the key switch mislabeled, turned it the other way and now we can manually create programs. Cant input programs still but wondering if that has to do with a wrongly wired cable.

I discovered that the I/O parameter I was on was wrong, I changed it to 1 so it works with RS 232, and now I am getting a 086 P/S alarm when I try to send a program from CNC to PC or PC to CNC, do you know why that would be?