586,060 active members*
4,191 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Bob ART

Bob ART

Okay guys I have the disc with the 6000 images on it and I cannot open any of the images. I have tried loading an image thru Bobart on the V23, cant get anything. Would some one please inform this idiot what I am doing wrong. Everybody I know says I am good with computers, they just dont know. I was until I run up on this CNC stuff OUCH my head is killing me

Could you please describe your process a bit? ie; Right clcik and choose "Emboss from Image", etc, etc.

bob art

I right click and try to load image, but I cant even open the images on the Bobart disk I have

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    Could you please describe your process a bit? ie; Right clcik and choose "Emboss from Image", etc, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by csmoak25 View Post
    I right click and try to load image, but I cant even open the images on the Bobart disk I have
    choose a section, then a file number, then a file type (dxf) to open...

bob art

when I open the disc and try to open a file, Acorbat reader is trying to open the file, and that is not right. I cant figure out to stop it and assign another program to open it with

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Boudreau View Post
    choose a section, then a file number, then a file type (dxf) to open...

Hi csmoak,
    Sounds like your system may be messed up with something.

Si if you look at any particualr file on the disk, it has an extension of "jpg" but has an "acrobat icon" assigned to it as if Adobe Reader is set as the default program to open it?

We can reassign the file type default open program easy enough, but this may be an indication of something else wierd going on with your computer. Could you please open BobCad and go to Help-System info and hit the copy to clipboard button, then reply here and hit Ctrl+V.

I think he is trying to open a dxf with bobart , which only opens image files ....try to open the dxf's with bobcad.......File, Open, File type DXF, browse to the CD and open DXF....

Hope this helps

Robert

csmoak25

Robert is right I think, the Clip Art CD has 6000 .DXF files on it not images, they are supposed to be good geometry that is ready to use so they will need to be opened in BobCAD normal CAD window and not through BobART so follow Roberts instructions and you should be OK.

Regards
    Rob
    :rainfro::rainfro:

That worked

That worked. I was try to open them thru the Bobart tab, the file open in the menu worked, thanks alot

Quote Originally Posted by rwestbr View Post
    I think he is trying to open a dxf with bobart , which only opens image files ....try to open the dxf's with bobcad.......File, Open, File type DXF, browse to the CD and open DXF....

Hope this helps

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by rwestbr View Post

Hope this helps

Robert

I had to sell my machine shortly after getting it I shattered my L5 S 1 disc had to get a fusion. I started accumulating parts to build a 60x60 with 1 1/4 Thomson pillow blocks. Got everything just have to get some steel or aluminum to weld up my gantry. In the meantime I found a 24x36 Romaxx had to buy another used computer to upload my V23 on to thank goodness I still had my receipt from Bob Cad with my pass keys and ID. I downloaded Mach 3 and still had the disc with the license file on it from 2010 so I didn’t have to buy that again. Here’s the funny part had the same issue again about opening the dxf files from Bob art disc. Searched online and up pops my old post on here. Problem solved again. It’s been 10 plus years since I’ve messed with any of it so I’m struggling again. These soft limit set ups have me confused I’ve watched a couple of videos one runs the machine in a positive and homes the Z in a positive another one jogs the machine out in a negative to do that I have to reverse in the home limit configuration. A guy from Chicago on here helped me set up my home and soft limits via cellphone in 2010. He made it seem so easy but I’m sure he’s been using Mach for decades. This Romax has 201x Gecko drives and there are switches on the machine I just don’t know the pins on this breakout board there are no markings to identify who made it or what kind. Thanks again for your help this forum has always been a big help hopefully I figure out the rest. Did you run your machine in positive on the X and Y and is the Z homed in a positive or negative.