Hello everyone

I have a new to me Daewoo Lynx 200B lathe, I need some assistance in troubleshooting the RS232 Communications. The machine uses a Fanuc 21-T control.

I would like to say I have tried absolutely everything under the sun to try and communicate with the machine but maybe I missed something.

I have tried the following and a million combinations of Baud rates, parity, stop bits, flow control, cables, com ports, software etc.

I cannot send or receive a single byte of information between the cnc and my pc.

My setup is a usb to serial db9 cable that I have confirmed works by using it to send files to and from a different machine. I then use a custom made db9-db25 rs 232 cable that again has been confirmed to work.

When I try to send files to the CNC, the leds on the usb serial cable blink indicating transfer is occuring but I dont believe that any data is being recorded by the cnc control. The menu on the Fanuc display blinks LSK like its waiting for data but nothing comes through. I have also tried sending a file from the machine to the control but again nothing comes through. It seems to me that the Fanuc board may just be toast. - as far as I know this machine came out of a running cnc shop.

Any suggestions?