586,117 active members*
3,482 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Lathe turret fault

Hi,
    I have a lathe with MITSUBISHI M70 and I have problem with my turret. After 20-30 minutes I have alarm "turret fault". My servo driver for turret is MR-J3-100A-RJ and when the alarm appears, on the screen of the servo driver I have only AL--..If someone can advise me because I think I need to change with new servo driver.

Re: Lathe turret fault

Sorry... you have a new fangled control and I don't know much about these. However, I can say that I think Mitsubishi really has kept the same code across their generation of controls... As such, I'd be very surprised if you can't press some buttons on the control to gain an ID for the alarm. Those seem to be consistent across the Meldas generations, so it shouldn't be too hard to find the meaning of the alarm. You also can probably cycle through some menus or something on the amp itself so you can see the alarm value. If not, then it could well be that the amplifier is bad.

If the amp is bad, you probably can simply set the ID to match the original one and replace the amp. Mitsubishi support should be able to help you with all of this though. The M70 is a new enough control that they'll probably talk with you. Honestly, they are a great company and give you a lot more support than I would have expected... Give 'em an email or call...