Hello:

Yesterday I received one BLDC motor and controller set. I ordered it a few days ago ($90.00 + tax) just to find out how to modify it for my own purposes.
(Tried to post the photos but they are to large and I will have to reduce their size)
The idea is to use, if possible, some or most of, the original components in order to make it do what I want, without having to completely redesign the controller board and user interface. But, it all depends on having access to each individual component's data sheet and finding out how the circuit works, before deciding what to change.

Specs known so far:
550W on the motor label.
110Vac line input
500 - 4500 rpms controlled by a hall sensor-magnet contraption. (yes, it is one of the myriad "servo controllers" for a sewing machine floating around the internet) Not a real servo, of course.
Real BLDC motor specs are completely unknown. We will have to measure them, but first, I have to reverse engineer the main board and the user interface board. Apparently not a difficult task.

What I want it to do:

Isolate my control signals from the controller which is not isolated from the power line.
Controllable by step-direction, or -10V/10V signal in CNC mode
Manual Switch for forward-off-reverse, and a Potentiometer for speed control in Manual mode
Emergency stop (both remote and manual button)
Motor tuned by isolated usb connection to PC, if possible, using auto-tuning for the PI gains of the speed and torque control.

I know that some of you will tell me to use the magnetic contraption as seen on you-tube videos, and forget about all of the above, but that is where the fun is!

Stay tuned....

kreutz