586,104 active members*
3,449 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Post Processors for MC > MC9 Colchester MultiTurn Post?

MC9 Colchester MultiTurn Post?

Greetings all,

It's been a while since I visited here, but I was always amazed at the knowledge passed around here...

I'm Navy and was just transferred to supervise our Machine Shop this week. I myself have a very limited amount of non-CNC machining experience, but more than any of the other officers on our ship, so I was their choice.

We have a Colchester MultiTurn 4000 that we recently purchased and in the one year procurement process (go Navy supply system) we have a machine that has sat for over 6 months unable to be used.

I talked to our leading CNC knowledgeable machinist and he said it just needs a few things to be used, one of those being a post.

We use MasterCam 9 for producing parts on our VMC, but have no post for the new lathe. I understand that posts are quite configurable, but can not seem to locate a pre-written one for this lathe. I'm not afraid of getting my hands a little dirty in code and writing a post, but I suppose the question is, what info do I need to have from the lathe to start?

Thanks,

Jim

I think if you contact a dealer in your area they will be glad to point you in the right direction.

Well...the problem is...if there are any Colchester or Mastercam dealers here....they don't speak English. We are based in La Maddalena, Italy. My Italian passes for ordering dinner and that's about it. I can't imagine trying to get a post...

I'd probably just end up with a few bottles of wine...which I'm also okay with...