586,075 active members*
3,956 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > Milltronics Partner MB19, Centurion 6, Feedhold Problem

Milltronics Partner MB19, Centurion 6, Feedhold Problem

Hello everyone, I am trying to get a friends Milltronics Partner MB19 Centurion 6 running, having a problem with homing. Apparently the machine worked perfectly when he purchased it (a couple months ago) except for the floppy disc drive. He had someone replace the floppy drive with a Floppy USB emulator and a while after that it had permanently gone into feedhold and would no longer move. I checked the feedhold button on the front panel and it works fine. When I press reset the drives start up and everything and when I press home, the z axiz moves up a tick n stops as feedhold comes on. It will do this everytime I press Feedhold and then cycle start again, the z moves up by different amount each time. Sometimes it will move by 1/2" other times it will barely tick before going into feedhold again.

Does anyone know what can trigger the feedhold on this machine? As far as ive figured out its not the feedhold switch nor wiring.
    How can I excess the Parameter File through the machine to check for corruption?
    How exactly can I excess the diagnostic screen on the centurion 6 to test all the limit and homing switches?
    Can anyone Possibly Provide me with the Parameter File?

Thanks for any help or suggestions

Abe

Re: Milltronics Partner MB19, Centurion 6, Feedhold Problem

So I went to try and figure out some more with the machine and I familiarized myself a little more with the controls on the machine, I found the diagnostics screen and I could not see any response from any of the homing switches. The machine came with all the manuals and 4 floppy disks, 2 of which I understand are for a software update. and 1 original Parameter disk and one copy. I currently have no way of testing the floppys because the original floppy drive on the machine broke and has bin replaced by a usb emulator, which I figured out works. Im hoping to be able to reflash the parameter file with the usb to see if that brings me anywhere. I also dont know the procedure for reloading the parameters yet...
    if anyone knows of someone who might have a parameter file please, I would appreciate it a LOT!!

Re: Milltronics Partner MB19, Centurion 6, Feedhold Problem

Call Milltronics, they usually have parameter settings on all the machines. Have your serial number on hand. They had the parameters for my old '92 Partner 4 when I first got it.