586,103 active members*
3,203 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

hesitation with backlash comp on

With backlash compensation turned on during a circular movement there is an abrupt stop/start in the non-compensated axis at each quadrant. Is there a way to keep the non-compensated axis moving at speed?
    If I run a sample with a gazillion lines to make the arc it doesn't happen, with the compensation taken in the first line of axis direction change.
    If I turn comp off movement is smooth.
    Neither of these two options are solutions.

thanks
    jed

Quote Originally Posted by memphisjed View Post
    With backlash compensation turned on during a circular movement there is an abrupt stop/start in the non-compensated axis at each quadrant. Is there a way to keep the non-compensated axis moving at speed?
    If I run a sample with a gazillion lines to make the arc it doesn't happen, with the compensation taken in the first line of axis direction change.
    If I turn comp off movement is smooth.
    Neither of these two options are solutions.

thanks
    jed
    What have you got your acceleration set at?.
    My comp is at 120% accel of rapid speed, and general accel is set fairly decent. (I'm uccnc though, but principle is the same).

Re: hesitation with backlash comp on

Quote Originally Posted by dazp1976 View Post
    What have you got your acceleration set at?.
    My comp is at 120% accel of rapid speed, and general accel is set fairly decent. (I'm uccnc though, but principle is the same).
    Not following how comp is set to an acceleration. Backlash is distance. Acceleration is .65g, rapid is 150 ipm, backlash is .0006 (y) and .0007 (x). Backlash values obtained with indicator on spindle.