586,077 active members*
3,738 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

LC 20 Tool Set

If anyone can help please, having trouble setting the correct tool when I use tool compensation.
    When I call up my boring bar the machine thinks it's an OD cutting tool.
    How can I change the setting in the machine to change to a boring bar?
    The control is is 5000L.
    I am used to using 5000LG and it is simple to do but the 5000L is quiet limited without the same features.
    Many thanks Anthony

Re: LC 20 Tool Set

hy od is P3, while id is P2

but on older osp generation, such implementation differs, as they may be related to animation declarations / kindly
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

Deadlykitten is correct. Also make sure that your start point and end point are positive in X if using a LAP cycle or it may comp like an OD cycle if they are negative. X value of comp may need to be entered as negative on that control as well.

That control is from the early 80’s and I cut my teeth on it, but had only a short time on it before the L-G came out in 1984? Needless to say I don’t remember all the details from 40 years ago, but it did program the same as the L-G where the G stood for “Graphics”. That control was running Motorola’s 68000 processor-the same one used in the early Macintosh computers for all you history buffs.

Best regards,
    Experience is what you get just after you needed it.

Ran an LC20-M for quite a few years... many many years ago now!
    I loved this machine, was an amazing production beast for it's time.
    This is all going to be from a long dormant memory cell or two, but here goes.
    To get the graphics correct you need to go to the Tool Data page and then page down.
    You should find something to do with the tool shape?? Select the tool offset number then you select the tool direction. I can't recall the exact procedure now, but it is in this area.
    You will then need to set up the Tool Nose Radius P code to get the machine to comp the TNR correctly.
    These numbers have not changed over the years and if my memory serves me correctly, ID tools (Normal Boring) should have a value of 2?
    If you have the "Guide" available, press that to get a picture showing you the correct number to use.
    Then set the value of the TNR in the X column only. No need to set any value in Z.
    When programming ID work, make sure your start point is smaller than the start point of the profile - Finish allowance or you will get an alarm.
    Same for OD turning, make sure your start point on X is larger than the profile start point + Finish allowance
    Sorry I can't be any more definite, but too many years have passed and I am now retired so no access to any machine to check the actual info for you.
    Cheers
    Brian.