586,069 active members*
3,599 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > MB19, Centurion 7 getting error 187 "interface not detected" on start

MB19, Centurion 7 getting error 187 "interface not detected" on start

This is an error I've never gotten before, been running this machine for 15 years or so. Searching here revealed a reply from sportybob on this error, saying to check the 5v supply and bump it up to 5.2V to avoid communication problems. I checked the 5v supply in the back box with a meter and it was running at 5.0V, so I bumped it up to 5.2V and doublechecked that this voltage was making it to the board by clipping the meter onto the wires that run directly to the board and verified that the board was receiving 5.2V - however on restart got the error again.

Anyone have any info on how to troubleshoot this further if the voltage looks ok? I also verified that the wires running the 5V to the board had good solid connections at the board. Any help greatly appreciated - sportybob do you still make it by this forum? I seem to recall you having encyclopedic knowledge of all things Milltronics...

Re: MB19, Centurion 7 getting error 187 "interface not detected" on start

Hi, there are a few things to the check. Not just the 5 V power supply.
    1, check the 5V and set to 5.2 V.
    Check the 24V power supply and set to 24.5 V
    also check if there is "electrical noise" on both power supplies. This should be checked with a meter that can real to the millivolt AC range. anything that has more then .010 mv has shown to be problamatic.

Check the control power supply 5V and 12V and also for AC noise., it needs greater the 5v and 12 V. example 4.9999999999999 is not good 11.99999999 is not good.

check and make sure the interface panel has the correct voltage to it.

then it may be a fiber optic cable. ( Oh, them pesky mice)

if all else fails, Call Bob
    952-288-6340 available on whats ap.
    [email protected]

Oops, wrong email.
    [email protected]

hi Bob, thanks very much for your reply. The problem self-corrected so I hadn't logged on to see this. Unfortunately, like most intermittent problems it seems, it has reared its ugly head again. I will try out the additional steps you suggested, thank you for those - if I can't get it going I will be getting in touch with you, thanks again, Rob

well that was easier than I thought it was going to be - it was the 5v supply. Got one on the way from Digikey, so hopefully that will do the trick. Thanks again, really appreciate the info - Rob